Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

weird stuff in x4 ?

Ray H.

I was wondering what if any stuff you guys are seeing that is different from x3 mu1. I guess stuff that I think should still function the same.

Is anyone having issues with the level manager not updating unless you close the manager and reopen it.(or select rebiuld display list)

How about graphic issues? Any?

I had a real scary thing happen in window ordiante dimensioning. I window dimension a set of points, all is good Dims. are correct. Then I do a dimension multi-edit and change the text height to something larger and also set them to 4 decimal places. After green checking out it changed all the x dimensionsing by some arbitrary value.

I did send this in to CNC and they did not get the same thing.And after saving the file and reopening I no longer got the problem.

But as you could imagine I was pretty put off by it at that moment. cuckoo.gif

Any info is appreciated as usual

X4

M3

Solids

I am on a xp pro O/S

dual intel 3.6 ghz

2 GB RAM

Dual monitors (view sonic)

Nvidia fx3450/4000 SDI

My big glitch is opening the break thru field for a drill cycle and having Mastercam freeze. Four times now in three days. A couple of times I noticed that the top of stock and Z depth were wrong even though the plane was set correctly, it took a half a dozen tries to get the right number into the field.

Peter:

I had customers call with that.. I had them change the hardware acceleration back to "one click above none"... there now is no delay in "X4" with this

I also had mine on full in "X3".. but had to change mine to this new setting in "X4".. no delay time...

Hope this helps...

I'm getting some strange output from my mill post in X4.

I updated per JP's sticky at the top of the forum, and did post some good 3 axis programs.

Tried to post a 5 axis multisurf program today and had a problem.

All posted B values should be (-) as they were with my X3 post. In X4 they are posting both (+) and (-) values.

headscratch.gif

I made sure the misc. value integer was set to 0 for -B output, but it seems to ignore it.

I also tried checking the 'use post default values' box, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone got a clue? confused.gif

quote:

All posted B values should be (-) as they were with my X3 post. In X4 they are posting both (+) and (-) values.

Jim,

check out the properties page of the B axis

in the machine def..compare you X3 machine def

to your X4 machine def.. It sounds like the setting defining rotarty properties has been

changed

I've noticed the level manager not updating.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I'm creating a new 2d toolpath, the settings don't stay unless in each page I click the blue apply button. That's a real pain and doesn't seem right. Honestly I don't even understand the reason for an apply button. If I didn't want to apply changes, I'd cancel out, otherwise... apply them. for instance, I'l change my lead in / lead out info, click the linking paramaters tab, then go back to lead in/lead out and it has reverted back to what it was before. The only way to get it to stay is hit apply between each page. ... Is that normal now?? If so, it seems like an accident waiting to happen. frown.gif

quote:

Jim,

check out the properties page of the B axis

in the machine def..compare you X3 machine def

to your X4 machine def.. It sounds like the setting defining rotarty properties has been

changed

Thanks, Tom.

They are the same. headscratch.gif

I tried creating a toolplane in the orientation I wanted, and it did post correctly once that was done. Strange that I had to do that because I never had to do that in X3.

confused.gif

Anyway, it posted correctly and the part came out with a better finish than I've ever seen, using the toolpath refinement settings. biggrin.gif

That is a HUGE improvement in X4!!! cheers.gif

Now I'm wondering about a different issue.

I opened a .sldprt file in X4 which is set to import it as a solid rather than trimmed surfaces. The solid body imports as it should, and if I analyze the solid, it reports no errors. I assume this means it is a watertight solid and it should be good to go.

I tried writing a 5 axis multisurf program on the solid and keep getting a 'partial flow edge error detected' message. I thought they only applied to surfaces that weren't properly trimmed. How can I have a partial flow edge error on a watertight solid?

headscratch.gif