Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating machine definitions

DCOPE17

I have gone through the help menu on mastercam, searched the mastercam website, and have found very little on creating machine and control definitions. I have started with a simple tree.

Base

VMC Y axis

VMC X axis

Table

A Axis

Spindle group

VMC Z axis

Tool changer

So of coarse I get the invalid axis combinations alarm. But now what? I cannot find out really anything. Any and all help is appreciated.

Try putting a spindle under the Z axis

Also It seems that it is necessary to select

the green check mark at the the bottom of

the screen and save the definition and then

come back to machine definiton and do the save as

part of the creation

I've found that usually the main reason for "invalid axis combinations" errors is not that you've added the components incorrectly (and it looks like it'll work from a cursory glance). It's more likely that the components are not "active" or switched on once added to the machine def.

Go into your Machine Definition page and hit the Edit Axis Combinations button at the top of the screen (looks like three arrows intersecting).

Make sure all of your components are ticked. Save the definition again and this time you should be ok to use the machine. If not we'll have to look at the machine def again in more detail.