Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FADAL POST

JOVATO8

Hello Eveyone,

I want to make changes in it my post.

PRESENT POSTING:

N1 PROGRAM #

N2 (DATE

N3 (TOOL INFO

N4 (END TOOL LIST

N5 T01 M6

N6 (MANUAL ENTRY

N7 (COMMENT FROM TOOL PARAMETERS

ALL ELSE AFTER THIS IS OKAY

%

Would like to Post as follows:

N1 PROGRAM #

N2 DATE

N3 (MANUAL ENTRY

N4 TO0L INFO

N5 END TOOL LIST

N6 TO1 M6

N7 (COMMENT FROM TOOL PARAMETER

NEED CHANGES UP TO THIS POINT ONLY

Thanks To All in advance!

Joe

Joe,

It's very hard to give specifics to edit this post without seeing it, but here are some generic things to look for and try.

First this information is probably just hardcode. What that means is it would look like this in the post:

n, "(TOOL INFO", e

If this is the case, just remove the ( to make it look like N3 TOOL INFO.

As far as some of the others, it's a matter of finding the line causing output and moving it to another location.

The post operates like a reading a book. It process from the top down, starting from left to righ.

Most of this information probably exist in the PHEADER or PSOF postblock so start there.

I hope this helps!

Thank you!,James & Norbert for your help.

James I am kinda just moving a few lines around as you mentioned to make it post the way I want it to post.

Another question, is there a way to mark or number the post as to keep track of the changes made.I belive there is I just cannot remember hoe to do this?

Thanks all

Joe

Joe,

Make a note in the revision log section of the changes made. Another helpful hint is to make a copy of the postline you are going to modify and then comment out the original (#) and modify the copy. That way you always have the original around and you can see exactly what you changed.

Never just delte until you are sure yo no longer need it anymore. It's easier to uncomment something, than to figure out what to add.

I hope this helps!

[ 07-25-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Jim Evans, from CNC Software ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Make a note in the revision log section of the changes made. Another helpful hint is to make a copy of the postline you are going to modify and then comment out the original (#) and modify the copy. That way you always have the original around and you can see exactly what you changed.

This is what I do and I find it VERY helpful.

You may make lots of changes to any post over a long period of time. You may also find that at change you make for one issue will cause another, unexpected consequence.

So, to keep track of changes I make, beyond making notes in the post, I use a program designed to track these changes. The "Revision Control Software" I use is a subset of a professional one from Component software . It is free for personal / one seat use.

The professional version adds some very useful features, but is not necessary for most work modfying postprocessors.

The personal version will keep track of the smallest changes, so you will have a record of all changes made. Even the ones you forgot you made to a post. This will make 'recovery' of early verions easy and allow you to experiment without risking a good initial post to terminal mistakes.

Craig Madsen