Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trim Toolpath

Rstewart

Using toolpath trim to delete some "unwanted moves" is the main focus of this feature Right?

Anyways I've just tried this a couple times with some really bad results. Things like rapids through the part, and wierd plunges.

I know that many of you guys prolly use that feature just about everyday.

I would like to know: what are some of the baselines to use this (trim) to clean up some of my H.S. or Surface paths.

Thanks alot in advance! Allways good answers here!

It's one of the most underrated features of MC. Number one "baseline" (at least for my applications) would be that any toolpath that cuts from outside to inside can be easily trimmed with great results.

The only thing to watch out for is when transforming a trimmed toolpath (there was a bug in it years ago that I'm not sure if it's been fixed) and lead in/out moves in trimmed 2d paths can sometimes give you strange results.

htwgyg

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

When rotating, I go to back plot the toolpath and get no visual back plot and no time.

If the rotated toolpath lands entirely outside of the original boundary, the result will be no backplot and no time because in essence you are now telling the tool to run outside of the prescribed boundary, which it can't do.

You may need to rotate the boundary geometry as well, then regen the toolpath. I know I've done that in X3 before and it worked. wink.gif