Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wear comp control

Rocketmachinist

I have a quick question about cutter comp wear. I have a Haas machine with a tool setter. When I set my tool length offset I usually program my tool diameter also. If I am using cutter comp wear will the g41 g42 be messed up because the values put into the diameter geometry. So basically I mean if I want to use cutter comp wear should I have a diameter of 0.000 to start and then start bumping up the offsets or will it not matter?

If you are using wear comp, the diameter offset in the machine should be 0 for a new tool.

If the tool is smaller or larger than the programmed tool, you enter the difference bewteen the actual tool and the programmed tool.

Wheter you enter a radial difference, diameteral difference, plus or miunus can all be affected by how the parameters are set in the machine.

With a Haas, I believe you can set all of these variables to suit your preference.

Its been years since I ran a Haas but I think you

would enter a -.005 for a 1/2" endmill that

measured Ø.495 if the machine has default paramter settings.

gcode was right about the Haas control letting you chose between radius and diameter for the tool offsets. The control also lets you choose different options for tool offsets in this case you could choose tool lenght only and not put a value in the offset page. Are you using IPS or VQC for probing?