Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup Sheet Cycle Times

Having same/similar problem. And I'm not talking about drilling cycles either. Pockets and contours showing wildly inaccurate times.

On a simple contour I did last week backplot cycle time and X+ cycle times agreed within a few seconds (both said about 35 seconds, which was correct at the machine), but Active Reports gave cycle time of over 3 minutes.

Tried to figure it out, but could not and I did not spend much time on it. I went back to using X+ but have not given up on Active Reports, as I'm still trying to set them up to my liking.

Jimmy,

It seems to me MANY of the calculations are taking place internally in the Active Reports generator.

It looks like we don't have access to them.

I am finding it is difficult getting at some variables out of the XML file because of the way they are structured.

This has the possibility of being a quite "useful" tool but I don't think it is ultimately complete.

I definitely agree about the potential of Active Reports. I pretty much have it LOOKING like I want but it is not WORKING like I want.

I tried using it again yesterday. Now all of my cycle times are zero! Don't know what happened since I never messed with any of those variables.

I also agree about GETTING at the variables. I can't figure out how to bridge from, say, the "TOOL" variables to the "OPERATION" variables and so forth and have them work.

I found out how to access all the variables from the Fields/Bound/Document/SetupSheet area in ActiveReports Designer, dragged the variables from different sections (OPERATION, TOOL, OFFSET, etc.) I wanted to the report, and it looked like it would work, but did not.

I will continue working on it as time allows, but I am definitely looking forward to more documentation.