Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Borrow license from Nethasp for offline use?

lslade

Hello,

Does anyone know if the following is possible: can I "borrow" a license from my Nethasp for some period of time?

I have 4 network licenses in my Nethasp - all 4 concurrent users need to be connected to my network.

I would like to have a laptop user "take" a license and be able to work at home leaving me with 3 licenses remaining for users on my local network. Other CAD softwares such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Pro/E, CATIA etc. support this option.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

• 2 years later...

I ddin't have to load any sodtware into my home comptuer

I went into the Network and Sharing Center on my home computer

and set it up a new network connection using the IP address, Username and password my IT people gave me

Then I had to edit the nethasp.ini file in the mcam6 ( or 5 o4 4 or ??) folder

They give you a bunch of options, but only one line needs to be edited

find this section

; Section-specific Keywords for the TCP/IP protocol.

remove the ; from the front of this line and add the IP adress of tyour employeer's nethasp server

NH_SERVER_ADDR = ip of your nethasp machine here

then launch nethasp.exe which can be found inside mcamx6 and change it from local hasp to nethasp

That's it... when you want to use your company's nethasp, you just start the VPN connection and go..

There is only one minor downside I havn't found a solution for.

I have 30meg cable internet at home

My employeer has an old 1meg T1 line.

When I launch the VPN connection, my employeer's T1 line becomes my interent connection and going from 30 meg to 1 sucks

Happily, this only happens on the machine running the VPN connection, the rest of my home network retains the fast cable connection..

so my VPN connection does not interfer with anyone elses internet surfing or Netflix downloads.

I'm currently using gotomypc.com, but my internet connection at home is a joke and the drop in graphics quality is a joke. I used USB to Ethernet Connector software for the Mastercam dongle, and seems to work great. But, now I'm trying to get pro/e on my home laptop to work with the server installed license, which is not a dongle. That's where I get confused with the VPN Tunnel software. I downloaded OpenVPN GUI on both the server and laptop, but now what do I do?

I'm currently using gotomypc.com, but my internet connection at home is a joke and the drop in graphics quality is a joke. I used USB to Ethernet Connector software for the Mastercam dongle, and seems to work great. But, now I'm trying to get pro/e on my home laptop to work with the server installed license, which is not a dongle. That's where I get confused with the VPN Tunnel software. I downloaded OpenVPN GUI on both the server and laptop, but now what do I do?

peon

So you vpn to a dongle?

Is this a single seat or nethasp?

What usb to ethernet software are you using? Kernelpro, Eltima, or?

This is exactly what I am looking for. We don't have a real server so we didn't get a nethasp.

Thanks

Mike