Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

flowline parameters (cut direction)

jeff

Whoa.... just went though this this morning. I ended up turning the surfaces into a single solid for each pocket, then it worked fine. 2 square pockets with rads and angles running down the sides, both the same, just different locations. Each pocket had its own op. Funny thing is, I started out with a solid, then made the surfaces and chose those first. Some times, just deleting the op and re-picking the surfaces in the same order is all it takes.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Blend kicks butt if you can't rebuild a surface. One thing I like flowline over blend though is that I have better surface finish control. That said, blend really IS a great surface toolpath.

Yep, blend is a great toolpath. I use it 90% of the time, due to the fact that most of my toolpaths contain hundreds of surfaces.

One thing not mentioned yet is to try to keep the inside and outside chains starting at the same radial position. By that I mean I always try to start my chains at the 90° position (12 o'clock), even if it mean breaking a chain there. I think this gives a smoother surface, unless I miss my guess.

(at least, it looks better as it's being created.