Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X4 MU1 Verify Issue Fix

There is a bug in X4 MU1 which causes the stock and tool in Verify to display with no lighting, giving it a black appearance. We have a fix for this issue, and it has been posted on Mastercam.com. To use the fix:

1) Download the file mcverify-fix.zip from the above link.

2) Open your Mastercam X4 MU1 installation directory.

3) Close X4 MU1 if it is open.

4) Rename “MCVerify.dll”. This will prevent the file from being overwritten by the new *.dll.

5) Extract mcverify-fix.zip into the root of your X4 MU1 installation.

The new Verify *.dll will be incorporated into the next service pack or maintenance release for X4.

Thank you for your patience with this issue, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. If you encounter any problems with this, please contact [email protected].

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they're complex solids. I used to go the STL route, but had nothing but problems - that's why I started verifying to solid. The files I'm working on when the lock up happens are all ones that verified properly to solid before I installed MU1 and the new .dll file.

As you sure its really locking up..

The first time you start a verify session with a new solid, Mastercam needed to create a .lwn file

(lightworks native ????)

If its a complex solid, it may take a while to

get that done..

An off the wall thought.. if the solid resides

in a write protected folder, Mastercam can't create the .lwn file. That would cause a lockup.

also..

there are new settings in System Config/Verify

controlling how Mastercam handles bad STL files.

Try playing with them

I remember reading about this, but hadn't had time to switch to X4............now I'm using X4 MU1..........ran into this black stock and black tool...........started to remember reading about this problem, then for some reason I tried doing a........ Alt S........(shading key strokes) and all the colors came back........ smile.gif ........still haven't messed with changing the .dll file.

Wondering if this works for anyone else.........who hasn't done the .dll change.

cheers.gif

Oh, I did this a few days ago.........but forgot to do a search until tonight.............I also used the Alt S today on a verify and it worked.

cheers.gif