Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic mill, Inconell 718, speed, feed ,doc

slyym

Hopefuly you guys can help me out. I'm cutting a slot 30" long by 2.5" wide by 1" deep in 718 inconel using the dynamic mill toolpath. I'm currently using a Garr 5 flute 45 deg helix xceed coated carbide endmill running at 80 sfm, 7.5 ipm with a .15 step over. It cuts really well but end up having to use 2 endmills to get through 1 slot. I would like to get 1 slot per endmill if possible. Am I close to the right cutting parameters? Do you guys have any other recomendations concerning stepover, feed etc. Thank you.

I didnt even think about using a smaller endmill. That does make alot of sence though. Right now running 80sfm 7.5 ipm with .15 stepover I get about 20" done and the endmill comes out in good enough shape to be able to be reground. If I take a smaller stepover with faster feed and speed would I get better tool life or would that be reduced?

quote:

If I take a smaller stepover with faster feed and speed would I get better tool life or would that be reduced

plus you can apply chip thinning and get the feedrate faster yet

the trick is to get the heat into the chip and use a good coated tool

you cutting dry with air blast or coolant?