Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Permissions

cajahawa

Sorry for butting into this conversation, but why would someone need "permissions" at all to run MasterCam? How can not having permissions affect someone on a network?

Just wondering.

MasterCam X4 MU1

Mill Level 3/Solids

Dell Precision T3400

Intel Core Duo CPU 2.33 GHz

2.33GHz,2.00 GB RAM

Windows XP Pro SP3

NVIDIA Quadro FX 570

Reko, In order to modify your config.,tool library, and probably a bunch of other things. You need to be able to write to that directory. And also to modify the directory. I've never run Mastercam without having at least Poweruser status, so I'm not sure how well it would work without those permissions. But I know I had issues with Pro-E years ago because of it.

A machine operator may have low "permissions" that only allow him to read and execute a particular file in a certain location, he can view and/or edit it but he cannot overwrite the original.

The programmer would nrrd higher permissions to allow him to save his work, use the backup and autosave feature, to post the NC file, maybe a number of times, Thimk how many files you would create if you cannot overwrite or delete the junk ones, and the mess, he may need access to other sensitive data areas to perform his duties.

These areas need not be available to an operator or the cleaner, let alone be open slather to a "visitor"

Me as a programmer should not be "permitted access" to employee records, company banking or salary records ( wouldn't mind fiddling rtfaq.gif the books my way though )