Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What do you like.....

j.nguyen

Thirteen years ago I decided to become a cnc programmer. 10 years ago I decided that mastercam was going to be the focus of my career. Now I make my living in front of a computer instead of in front of a machine and I'm constantly learning new things. And I'm happy to say I've made a fat sack of cash along the way.

Thanks Mastercam! biggrin.gifcheers.gif

I couldn't run CNC's all day or sit at a monitor all day. This is a research institute that passed MIT and the Air Force acadamy to become #3 in $ in the US on avation research. We also train Catia. We get projects and see them all the way through from sawing the bar stock to 5ax programing and we even get to tell the rocket scientists what they really want sometimes. They will scetch it and we put that into Catia or MC. Often we get to see the tests and we support a wind tunnel, crash lab, lightning lab, signal deprivation lab, and many others. I get to see the future every day.

I took the Catia machining class and it was so cumbersome and slow. I often will send 100 small programs a day to a machine because the jobs are all singles or very short runs. Mastercam is essentially the handles of a manual mill. It's very nimble and makes it quick to make a change in program and be back running in a hurry.

Thanks MC

HMMmm sent off an e-mail to QC and did not receive a response. Guess the squeaky doesn't get the grease.

The problem that I had found with this specific file was toolpath that when bad when selecting a solid for drilling holes. This was a solid imported from Catia. All my other toolpath was not attached to the solid and they regenerated just fine. It was odd to me that the file could be saved and opened many times over weeks and then more then one file had issues? There were 2 other files in the pass that blew away all the toolpaths. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Thank You,

Jamey

We see problems like this with Solids coming from Catia Jamey. Try exporting from Catia as a STEP then opening the file in Mastercam (if possible).

Sometimes it is just bad modeling on the part of the designer. I can't tell you how many parts I get where the "hole" is two separate 180° arcs, or worse, two splines. And it was modeled this way... banghead.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I model in CATIA, I create points where I want holes, then use the "hole" function to create the features. That seems to work pretty good most of the time. I have a file I need to send to QC today though. I modeled a part in CATIA and MC's CATIA translator did not work yet MoldPlus' did. headscratch.gif

Got a reponse back from QC and will be sending off my files that I have had issues with. Thanks Chris. Also had a visit from our local Mastercam Distributor and their support. Thanks Rich and Steve.

They offered to let me try to crash there machines (they had built for Mastercam) with some of my files...so I might just have to take them up on that.... :0)

Jamey