Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

quadro fx 4500

alanu23

Does any one have this graphics card? Here is the variables; I have a Dell presision 390 at work 1.83Gb Dual core 4Gb Ram 70Gb Hard Drive, with a ATI FireGL V7200 running xp pro 32bit. Compare that to what I have at home; HP xw6400 xeon 3.0 Dual core 8Gb Ram, 120 Gb Hard Drive, with a Nvidia Quadro FX 4500, running xp pro 64 bit. The problem is this, verifications at work haul butt, I can whip through them at the speed of light on max quality settings, no problems.. At home is a completely different story.. A computer that is technically atleast twice as fast runs the same verifications at a snails pace.. however, the quality is phenominal at, even at the lowest quality settings in verification.... Does any one else know why this would be? Could this just be the difference between Nvidia and ATI? Am I missing something? I enjoy the quality of the Nvidia, however I do not appreciate taking 5 times longer to watch the same motions.. Any one have any ideas? as always, any help would be appreciated.

Look at the apps that are installed on the 2 comps. I know this sounds silly, but I installed SW2009 with sp3 on 2 different machines, which previously had SW 2008 on them and got along fine with MC. On both machines, the video in MC went to hell after the install. I put a new Nvidia 9800GT in one machine, cleaned out then reinstalled the drivers. Still crap. The only card that didn't exhibit graphical anomalies in MC was a Quadro 550 but that card was slooow. When I get time I'm going to remove both apps and start from scrath with MC and the new card and see what pops. Mayby a freshly formatted drive and fresh OS as well.

Note: Most of the senior MC users in here swear by Nvidia and frown at the use of ATI cards. I would like to get my hands on a mid range Fire GL and take it for a spin.

I have a quadro FX4500 with MC X4.

I have some troubles with graphics.

Like, during verify, if I choose - Stop on Collision, I cannot see the part. After an hour of use, I lost the pre-selection function, I must zoom the drawing in order to see what I have selected. Maybe a graphic refresh issue. I must close MC and start again.

Download the Nvidia driver and change nothing.

Jeff