Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Computers configured for Mastercam

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those numbers seem weird to me. On one you have a Dual core and the second one is a Quad, yet there is only seconds between the 2. Am I the only one that feels that Mastercam isn't written to utilize high end processors as well as they should? With numbers like that I would build myself a Dual Core setup and save myself some money. It seems like the Quad i7's are great but they just don't like talking to Mastercam with all cylinders firing.

Mastercam Guru-

As it does not state anything about deleting the regen files in the Benchmark Post we did not think to do this. I will retest again later deleting them. I'm really not to sure it will cause much change in time. Please keep in mine this is a totally clean computer with no extra junk - just Win7,Abobe, and Mastercam X4.

Rocketmachinist: Yep, that's how it is. If you have several large surfacing ops regenerating at once you could make use of four (or more) cores, but for most applications two is all you'd use. There are some other advantages to having four though, like being able to run other programs at the same time without really biting into your Mastercam power.

quote:

It seems like the Quad i7's are great but they just don't like talking to Mastercam with all cylinders firing.

But...you dont want to build an obsolete system either. There are other programs that will take advantage of the 4-8 core systems..Vericut ect. and you have to believe that Mastercam will eventually quit building stairs, doors, and art and make some 64b code.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Benchmark Time for Carbide Desktop 1 Min 15 sec.

SolidBox is now taking orders for Carbide Mobile [M6500's]

Call or Email for Quote 1.877.697.9269

[email protected]

Benchmark Time for Carbide Mobile [M6500] 1 Min 37 sec.[with Intel Core i7 x820 1.73GHz]

Go to www.mysolidbox.com for New products coming for late April early May!

All of the Series will soon have up to three different system choices.

*New Items like the M6500 Mobile Precision Work Station with I7 Processor

*Systems with up to 12GB 1333MHz Memory

*Dual Quad Core Xeon Desktop Systems both in T5500 and T7500

*Dual Hard Drives running Raid 0

*All New Systems will have Nvidia Quadro FX Video Cards[from FX580~FX4800]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mike

I just assembled a new pc.

My old system was a Dell pen. 4 with 1.5 Meg of memmory, with windows XP pro. It was getting very slow. It took over 125 seconds to open Mastercam.

My new pc:

cool master case

Intel core i7 2.8

6 megs of ram 1600Mhz

Intel 160 gig SSD boot drive

500 WD 2nd drive

Nvidia quradro FX3800 video card.

Windows 7 ultima 64 bit

this was finish yesterday, so I have some more tuning left.

The time to open Mastercam on old pc was over 125 seconds. On the new pc less than 3 seconds.

Not yet, I need a little more time to get every thing setup.

I did pricing with Dell, but my pc was quit a bit cheaper. So for I'm very happy with it.

By I'll try a bench test next week, and let you know the results.

I purchase most of the hardware from Micro Center in Houston.

Mike,

With all due respect, where do you get off talking about the benchmark?

You promised results from 6 of your systems back in January. A month later you posted two results for a T1500 and an M4400.

Six months have passed, you haven't posted the results as of yet, and you're talking about the benchmark?

How is one to know how one of your systems will perform with Mastercam?

That's a couple hours of your time that you couldn't have been bothered with.

Clearly you aren't reliable on your word.

Why don't we mention that you weren't in a position to expedite when I needed a new workstation.

3 weeks for a box that can be expedited through Dell is an unacceptable turnaround.

I had mine from Dell is 3 days, not 3 weeks.

Your business practices are deceptive at best. You weren't helpful in any way that I've experienced upon consulting with you.

You didn't even make the time to call me back after we spoke. Your partner did...a week later. frown.gif

Honestly, I really hope you have more to offer than that.

D Ford, Can you benchmark that SSD and post a screenshot of the results?

I have 2 10k Velociraptors in Raid 0 that show they are faster than an SSD. I'm trying to figure this out. I'm getting 250 mb per sec both ways. Are you getting better than that?

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1137/...mark_v2.34.html

Thanks in advance, Rob a.k.a. Mastercamguru