Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kennametal Tools

Odell

Does anyone else out there use Kennametal mill 1 tooling? If so ... are you having any issues with them? I machine a lot of D-2 / S-7 type of tools steel and about a year ago we purchased about 5k of Kennametal tooling. All the ball nose tools work very well but every now and then the end mills seem to have a melt down problem even when using the speed and feed charts out of the book. If anyone machines these type of steels, what brand of tooling are you having success with?

The inserts I am using are the KC750M. Normally everything cuts like a dream but now and then it seems the tools just come apart. I am wondering if I am getting a bad batch of tool steel. I have come across some material with hard spot in it. Last year I found a file in the middle of a piece of D-2 and a spark plug inside a piece of 4140.