Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nvidia Quadro FX-580

How is this card working out for those of you using it? I want to get one, but in the reviews from Newegg and other sites, everyone is talking about having trouble with the two Display ports failing and only being able to use the 1 DVI port.

I need 1 port for the monitor and another port for the projector in clone mode. Reviews for the FX-1800 card don't mention any problems with the Display ports, but I would assume they are the same ports. Anyone know whats up with these port problems?

quote:

I've also heard of one of the ports failing. I purchased a FX570 and both ports failed. Although on the lower end of the Quadro spectrum, both conditions seem odd relative to the price paid for these cards.

I upgraded from the 570 to the 580 on my home machine and the difference in speed was very surprising, especially in verify on large files (the 580 is much faster). I also built a core i7 920 machine and used the 580 in it as a work machine and both are working excellent. I run win7 x32 and Dell ultrasharp 24" monitor (not dual)...running 1920 x 1200 resolution.

quote:

Are you running it on a PCI Express X16, or a PCI Express 2.0 X16 motherboard? Also what resolution do you have the monitors set at?

I can double check on the board tomorrow.

I pretty certain I am running at 1680 x 1050 but I can double check that was well to be certain

Yeah, I have heard (from some) that the 580 is even faster than the FX-1700. I have been running the EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB card and it has been working fine in Mastercam. Now that I have loaded Solidworks and Mastercam for Solidworks this GeForce card is horrible. Tried new drivers, etc.etc.

Murray, thanks for the ebay reminder, watching some cheap deals now on FX-570 and FX-1700.

I have a pci-e 2.0 X16 slot

Only the dvi port had any output,so either of my displays would work on the dvi.

I tryed every combo I could but still black screen and the light on the display stayed the same as when the comp is off.

PNY sent a new adpter first and then another board and we worked on everything they could think of.

What else could it be ga-ma785pmt-ud2h board

Have been using the 2 displays already on a geforse 6800 gt

Hope someone knows how to fix.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a new FX-580 a couple of weeks ago. Here is a tip, if you need to run two VGA monitors you will need to buy another cable. PNY cable part number is 91007808-T, this is for a display port to VGA cable, you will be able to purchase it through any authorized quadro distributor such as SHIDirect or ingram micro, doing a google search will also yield results from various online stores. I got mine from Amazon for $37. and both displays are running fine.

The adapter cable that comes with the card is a Display Port to DVI cable. This cable can not be used to run a VGA monitor. The adapter cable I purchased seperately is a Display Port to VGA cable. (PNY cable part number is 91007808-T.

My main VGA monitor is running from the DVI port on the card. Here I used a standard DVI to VGA adapter.(Not a cable).