Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify

Smit

Has anybody else seen in verify the problem with Mastercam not showing complete arcs being cut? I usually use comp in control, left. When cutting complete arcs the tool will move in to position, then ignore the arc, and move to the next position. It does not show the arc being cut at all. Clearly a bug in verify. I'm using V9 sp1. Does anybody have any idea of when Version 9.1 coming out?

Smit

confused.gifmad.giffrown.gifmad.giffrown.giffrown.gifconfused.gif

Smit,

Check the posted code and see if it's actually cutting an arc. I had this problem when helixing. It would cut one arc and then do a straight Z stepdown until finish depth and then finish with an arc. Even though the backplot showed a helix cut, it didn't helix. The funny thing was that I would helix a group of holes in one operation and some of them would work fine and some wouldn't. I thought it was an issue with my post because of the new 360 degree arc support with v9, and sent my post to my reseller for fixing. It was determined that it was a bug with v9 and I was advised to use linear moves (instead of output arcs) until it got fixed. This makes the file size HUGE...but it does work. Let us know if you find out anything else.

Thad

The back plot is accurate, and the posted code is fine. It just won't show in verify. They are just round arcs, perpendicular entry and exit. It's just another V9 thing. I'm thinking that I should be involved in the beta testing for new releases. Maybe the way I program is that much different from everybody else. It's always worked fine before, in previous versions.

mad.giffrown.gifmad.giffrown.gifmad.giffrown.gifmad.giffrown.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In cases where I'm going to have comp on the control only(which is EXTREMELY rare for me), I'll leave it On in Computer for purposes of Verification, then switch it back when I'm ready to post. I know this does not help the heart of the issue but when Cutter Comp In Computer Only it's basically asking the software to make assumptions about the diameter of the tool which can be dangerous IMHO.

We have been programming this way for years, with good results. The good news is that the bug will be fixed in V9.1. The bad news...it won't be released for months yet. One of the MC fellas looked at my file and verified it has been corrected.