Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating a line perpendicular to a surface

Code_Breaker

quote:

even easier, use Create Point- Dynamic

Problem with that is dynamic is basically "sketch mode" and doesn't allow an exact point to input like project will. I use that when close is good enough..ie evaluating part.

If you ever get a model file with points (pilot locations) only on a 5 ax part the project works awesome for drilling. cool.gif

quote:

I have always done it like Rickster

Dont feel bad...that option used to be under create point, surface project (to create a line LOL)...and even less people found it there. This is the improved place to create a line normal. biggrin.gif

quote:

Problem with that is dynamic is basically "sketch mode" and doesn't allow an exact point to input like project will.

This is NOT entirely true ... yes, it is in sketch mode, but when dragging arrow to a point on the surface and the arrow will snap to that exact point ...

Both method works great ... but could not get Verisurf to work ... this is what I tried (maybe wrong) ...

Verisurf main menu ==> Verisurf Surface Points ==> Dynamic Surface Points

And nothing ... doesn't allow me to pick anything and no dialog box comes up ... headscratch.gif

quote:

when dragging arrow to a point on the surface and the arrow will snap to that exact point ...

Looks like your right about that, it will snap to an actual point, pretty sure it didn't used to when I first went looking for line / normal some years back. Just goes to show...you have to try something different when you get fed up things are taking to long the old way.