Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

scapping parts in 4 & 5ax verify

alanu23

here is something I have been dealing with for awhile and I don't quite understand it. I have done a number of parts in 4ax simultanious that have 4 big pockets, two on each side. I have been positioning and roughing my pockets then I have to come back in with a finish tool and simultanious 4 or 5 ax mill the walls to thickness. now say I do two pockets on one side then want to go to the other side to do the opposing two.. I cannot get the tool to retract high enough to clear the part during verify... yet when I run the part on the machine it does just fine. It isn't such a huge deal for me except for the fact that I would like to visually inspect the part while in verify, and that can be kind of difficult when my part looks like swiss cheese.. anyone else ran into this? I am wondering if in my machine it is doing x,y,a,or b movements before it is retracting in z? Idk???? The wierd thing is that I have been able to avoid it by putting a ghost contour toolpath in between the cuts.. It seem funny to me that creating a toolpath the technically does not exist keeps this from happening. As always I work around it, but it would be nice to figure out why it is doing it.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

I have seen this a lot as well. Sometimes verify shows a crash when at the machine there is no crash, sometimes no crash in verify and a crash at the machine. It seems to me that verify doesn't show the true kenitics of the machine. We use Vericut here to verify what realy happens at the machine. When I see this happen in verify, I will just run my ops separately and save as an stl file to verify the next op to work around this.

• 1 month later...