Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform toolpath

X4 MU3

I was wondering if it is possible to transform a

toolpath 5 times in the X Axis, and 5 times in the

Y axis in one transform operation.to make 36 locations in a grid like pattern

I figured out how to make the 5 copies across in X.

Do I have to take that transform path and then

make another one from it to do the 5 copies in the Y? Or can I do it in one transform op.?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Here at Bowtech, being a production shop, we use tramsfom toolpath a lot. We generaly only program 1 part, then transform it to the different locations to cut several parts. Normaly its done by tramsforming by coordinate from the origin to a specified spacing in X and Y. Sometimes if you have an irregular spacing you can transform the previous transform. You can do a lot with it.

We also ude it on our horizontals to do like toolpaths on multiple faces. I hope this Helps cheers.gif

Rick,

Be aware that this tool has many options.

If you select to simply use different workoffsets (which is what we always do) then the X and Y distances are only for graphic views and they don't effect the code. However, you need to enter a value since I have entered ZERO for X and Y before and the code is not posted correctly. Maybe it's just a problem with my post but be carefull.

Dave, So far I have no problem in the code.

I had originally fixtured for 6(transformed 5 copies

in X) That proggy had no errors.

I'll let you know how the code posts for the rectangle

array. Basically I have 6 columns in x and 6 rows in Y

BTW, I am using a Glen Bowman, In-House, modified

post for Hass. wink.gifcheers.gif

Cheers

Rick

• 4 months later...

I only have 35000 bytes in our mill, it sucks big time but I've gotten fairly good at shrinking programs through filtering & subs but I do have to dnc a bit also. Its a good old leblond makino & makes good parts but almost no memory. I was told to double our memory it was gonna cost 10 grand or something crazy like that. I wish we could get 20 megs for 3g. Sounds like a bargain in this industry but a ripoff in the rest of the world.