Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rs232 communications to my fadal

rgollar

I just bought a used fadal and it communicates with a rs232 cable. I know you can run a cable from the computer to the machine. Or you can buy a box for $650 that plugs into your rs232 in the back of your machine and then just plug a usb stick into it and read off that. My question is instead of paying $650 for the box could you just buy a rs232 converter to usb. Was wondering if anyone else has tried this.

quote:

I use Filezilla and save my Machines as "Sites". This way I can Select "Fadal #3" from the drop down and it automatically connects. Makes it easy when you have a lot of machines.

One problem I have is that other applications like Cimco Edit, cannot save to or access these "FTP" folders. After the file is posted, we have to use Filezilla or Explorer to move the file to the FTP folder.

Does anyone knows a way where you can post directly to a FTP folder?

That and the 8.3 filename restrictions are my only issues with the Calmotion devices. I love the ability to communicate to any machine in the shop from any computer in the shop.