Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam9

david

I have some files on my home computer that were created for a friend with mastercam 9 shortly before christmas last year. Before any one says upgrade keep in mind that my friend has 1 older cnc mill and does well with the setup he has. Where I have my full time job we are using mastercam 4 with the latest service packs. I have always had his version 9.1 mr0304 and plug his simm into my computer when he needs help and have always had the latest mastercam with service pack up to date on the same computer. That being said, my problem is when I try to start Mastercam9 I come up with a window with "Mill9.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and would I like to send microsoft a report. My question is, would the latest and greatest of X4 be conflicting with X9?

I've got V9 X2 X3 and X4 installed on my XP Pro

SP3 machine at work all run properly.

The first thing I'd try is to delete the config file. V9 will create a new one when it launches.

If that doesn't work, save any posts you may have in the MCAM9 folder.

Uninstall V9. delete the install folder

Run CCleaner ( free registery cleaner)

and reinstall V9

Update

uninstalled ver 9

deleted mcam9 folder in C drive

spent 29.95 for ccleaner/pccleaner

ran it

reinstalled version 9

GET THE SAME ERROR

how frustrating

Any other thoughts? I hope this isn't a sign of how this week is going to be.

You have to uninstall all versions of MC and delete all MC registry entries manually. Backup posts, MD's CD's and data files (Geometry, toolpaths, etc.(Big job)) but the only way. Then install older version first, latest version last. Reload your backup files and folders.

Good luck

John

Hi David, try this first:

* Browse to "C:WINDOWSsystem32".

* Copy the three files MCBitmap.ocx, MCInt.ocx and MCReal.ocx.

* Paste them into "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMastercam". Be sure to backup the existing versions of these files before overwriting them.

Version 9 should now start correctly.

Greetings from Germany