Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stock setup

malo

Hi

Can anyone tell me how can i create a stock setup like my part shape?like casting part

I want create a stock for my part with the same shape like a casting part that when i go to verify operation i see the stock that is the same with my part but it is some bigger(about 3 mm on all surfaces).

I use mastercam x3.

Thank you

SML

You'll want to use the Solid Stock option on the Stock Setup page in the Properties Tree. I use a .STL file of the solid that I want to use for stock - usually a solid model of the casting converted to STL. This definetly helps you on verify and allows you to see stock removal of the casting. Hopefully you have solid models of your castings.

I also use this feature when a part has multiple operations - Lathe, Mill, Grind, etc. The verify result I get in the first operation (usually Lathe) is saved as a STL then used as Solid Stock in the Mill operation by using the same method as mentioned before.

HTH

Josh

I use STL files as well but what I have a problem with is the models not being where i put them. (explained better) I create my X_T files with my CAD ( Keycreator) and then move and translate them the way I want so when I open them in MC the part is already the way and where I need it. With out moving my model I create my STL. file. When I open it in MC I ALWAYS have to go back and measure where it went, Write it down, and then translate it back into position. Why cant it be brought in like an X_T file right where it was drawn? cuckoo.gif

Hi to all my friend

Thank you for you answer but i need to create a .STL stock bigger than from my part.

If i use .STL stock from property page i can't change and add any stock to my part for example add 3mm to all surface.

Do you know any other way?

Thank you

malo,

Take your finish model and rough the surfaces leaving +3mm. Use "Stock to Leave on Drive" in your surface/rough cycle.

Then, verify that operation. When verify is done, you will have a model with 3mm left on it just like you are asking.

Now, before you exit verify, click on the icon that looks like a floppy disk that says, "Save Stock as a File." This will save your model as an STL file.

Remember what you name it and where you put it, because you will need to retrieve it later.

Now, exit out of verify and go into your Properties/Stock Setup of your Operations Manager interface. Under "Shape," select "File" and then browse to find the file that you just made. Remember to click on the "Display" box, then click OK.

Now you should see the stock +3mm.

HTH