Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

fadal help

Dan@clover

I'm not sure if this applies since I've never used that control on a Fadal, but it's worth a try.

If the tool changer is still "swung out" under the spindle, sometimes you can just give the umbrella a push and it will go back to where it belongs. Sometimes pressing Jog will send it back too. Either way, the tool will fall if it's not fully held in the spindle so take the necessary precautions for that.

If that doesn't work, open up the cabinet around the back left side of the machine and look for a blown fuse. Press the white reset button. Again, that will drop the tool if it's not firmly held in the spindle.

If your tool numbers are off when you're done, typing "SETTO" ENTER at the command line will reset the current pot to T1.

Thad

Holding down JOG didn't work and still looking for the brown fuse in the back.

thanks Thad

I called Fadal since the machine is still under warranty (only 2 months old), and they said

quote:

Pull the cover off over the drive and you’ll find the motor, belt and pulleys that drive an arm and cam. Once you get it started moving, you can push the umbrella back by hand. Not very exotic, but less trouble than getting into the control keep relays.

not the answer I was looking for...

Probably has chips inside the tool changer. The carousel slides back and forth on rails and if a few chips get on the rail it will get really stuck. Or the cold start position is off a little in Z and the spindle is interfering with the carousel. The fuses and the reset button are down at the very bottom of the electrical cabinet in the back. Try blowing out the tool changer with air. Probably have to remove the cover to get it sorted out.

Dan, do not know if your umbella style recovery is like the dual arm fanuc 18i Fadal 4020 we have, but on ours it entails getting into your parameters and the hitting jog and X10 simultaneously for arm forward,jog+ X100 for arm backward. Parameter K30 bit 7 needs changed (after you turn off PWE ie. parameter write enable) in order for this to work..in your place I'd let the warantee guys do it, besides your fanuc oi-mc and the umbrella style is most likely a different deal...BTW thought Fadal was out of business.Be sure to get details on how to recover from this as we've had to do it numerous times. Good luck with it.

Dan,

First of all there are two types of Fadal tool changers. The umbrella type hold the tools in a vertical position and put the tools back in the same pockets every time. The side mounted random changers hold the tools in a horizontal postion and put the tools back into random pockets every time. We have both kinds here but our fadal with the OI control has the side mounted random changer. If this is the changer you have there are two ways to fix it. Either through maintenance mode which is dangerous or with the hand crank on the top of the machine. I reccomend calling Mag Fadal or the reseller you purchased the machine from and they should be able to talk you through the process.