Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verfiying Dynamic Pocket Killing Computer

Mic6

I'm dynamic pocketing a 7.00 x 10.00 pocket with a few islands with a .25 endmill, and verification is crippling my computer. Regular pocket paths are done real fast. Is there a way to speed this up? computer hardware wise? mad.gif

I have the same issue. Also I can't use the turbo button since I was machining from the bottom WCS, and I get the following;

quote:

Warning

TrueSolid turbo: 3-axis moves in top view only

And I can't turn off "TrueSolid" because I use the verify to compare against a STL file. mad.gif

Mic6 try turning off TrueSolid in the Verify options. Of course as I mentioned above there are some limitations in doing so, but it should be faster.

Check you filter settings. If you check the boxes for outputting arcs in XY, it will verify much faster. Then depending on what kind of code you machine processes better, you can turn them back off. If these are unchecked you get a lot of point to point moves which verify a lot slower than arc moves.

Turn the filter in the toolpath to 2:1, and then change the Moves/Step and Moves/Refresh in the verify settings to 50.

If the computer still chokes, it's time for a new computer! I've got a $600 Costco computer with a FX370 and it verifies great.

IF you really dont need to watch it run and only care about the results, this is what I do.

Zoom to a very small area away from the model in verify after you start it. then watch the percentage rate. It will usually speed up quite a bit since it dosn't need to update the disply