Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR2 and Windows 7

OlderthanDirt

Hello, I usually only lurk and don't post. Can anyone definitively tell me if I can run X2MR2 on a new screaming Dell T5500 dual quad core and Win 7? I know the software won't utilize the computer but WILL IT RUN reliably? We plan on updating to X4 in the next few months but just the computer for now. Note: we are not bootleg, just stoneage...

Thanks for any help.

I can't say for certain that it will work....but....Win7 has a feature that allows you to run it in a true (not emulated) XP mode for some programs that need it. It seems to me that someone here in the forum has already done that. I just can't remember who frown.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest SAIPEM

OlderthanDirt,

X2MR2 will absolutely work on Windows 7.

It works fine on Vista and nothing from Vista to Win7 materially changes the requirements.

That said, you may need to set some folder permissions based on where X2 installs folders and files or Run as an Admin but you should have no problem actually running and using the software.

The easiest way to check is to simply turn off the UAC on Win7 and try running X2.

That OS Compatibility chart that G-Code posted is really only an indicator of what CNC will offer tech support for.