Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform toolpath question

BenK

I have two operations with the same tool but with different depths. I would like to do both operations on one part before moving to the next. Right now it does one operation on both parts and then back to the first part for the second operation. Any ideas?

Keith,

You need to have serveral transform toolpaths. You need to transform a few operations and then others compared to transforming them all as one OP. It's hard to explain since every part and every situation can be different depending how you want the tool to process the parts.

I realize this explaination probably makes little sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. I use it alot, but I always transform all ops at the end of the file. I have been wondering how to do this for a while now because I have been wanting it to post G54, (toolpaths), G55, (toolpaths) etc. and at the start of the next tool start with G55 (toolpaths), G54, (toolpaths), etc. going back and forth between parts instead of rapiding back to G54 at the start of each tool.

I'll experiment with it some, thanx

Keith -

If you use the work offset numbering options in the lower right corner of tab one try decrementing off set numbers and shifting the pattern origin on tab two; we do this exercise in Intermediate mill training here. When you wnat offsets to go G54, G55, etc start at 0 and increment by 1...to go the other way (say G55, G54) you'd start at 1 and increment by -1

• 1 month later...

YES! finally! I got it to work. what a hassel. mad.gif

This should be an option at the transform page to give you this. All Operation one part then next. (for that tool then on to next tool). I was going to wear the machine out. under normal settings it would only do one operation of one tool per work offset then back for the next operation for that tool. It would be nice not to have to do all those transforms just to get what you need. Yes a work around, but common will ya. Please fix this. biggrin.gif

Oh and thank you to all who helped me thru this (Keith) and J Paris. John helped me with it a long time ago but it never sunk in till now.