Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please return to old toolpath dialog page

Larry1958

quote:

BTW, having taught seminars and classes, people I have seen, felt the same way you did and after explanation and a bit of time, agreed, the new menu IS faster and cleaner.

I totally disagree. It's a terrible layout.

Larry this has been discussed in many threads so I won't relist all the points people have made. Hopefully CNC software has taken those comments to heart to improve this.

Doing as much surfacing as I do, it's a welcome relief to have all the paths the same. The holders - although I'd rather have them tied to the tool - the filtering, and swapping toolpath types are all well worth it. Take the time to get used to it.

All 6 programmers here like it better.

No looking back here....

I guess it is what it is. I have been using X4 for 5 months now and it still frustates me. I think the highspeed and surfacing pages are great, but why the 2d, and drilling???? If I remember right, my reseller stated that CNC Software was looking at changing it back in X5. Sorry for posting this. I knew it would ruffle a few feathers banghead.gif

quote:

BTW Dave, who are you quoting/arguing with?

This comes from the guy that in the past had hundreds of posts ranting headscratch.gif

cheers.gif

EDIT: Rick, I may have mis-understood your question. I was quoting John before he editing his post. BTW, disagree not argue. We all are entitled to our own opinions.

I personally like the way it is now. With that said there are still some changes I would like to see like being able to change the order of the tree to better fit my needs. This was someone’s idea from another thread.

Personally, I like the new tree system.

If I had superpowers, I'd change a few

things but I'm happy with it overall.

It is faster than the old system, though

it doesn't seem like it at first.

One thing is certain, they are NOT going

back to the old format.

I don't mind the new tree style. Though every now and then when I do a Surface Finish Parallel path, when that old toolpath dialog pops up, it feels like an old friend has returned!

Also, a Surface Finish Parallel path with the old dialog will op up instantly when you click on Parameters. A 2D Contour path with the tree dialog takes 2-3 seconds to open.

The biggest gripe I had on it was either do full implementation for all the new style params for ALL toolpaths, or wait until you can to implement. Having some new mixed with some old is a practice that slows rhythm and reduces concentration that could be used on more important things like making good and efficiant toolpath.

Also, make the window large enough to eliminate scrolling to bottom, this is added effort and time wasted for NO reason.

Also assuming things you believe will get better after revisions may drive you mad as there minimum of a full page of items including WCS, solid layout, spacemouse crashing, op manager jumping, ect that have gone on for many years and many revs with the same bugs.

quote:

Please excuse my ignorance here...

Exactly which window are we referring to here?

When you select paramters in toolpath it open its own window. If that window was just a bit larger (cannot resize it), then it would alleviate having to scroll the page down to view / change parameters that are at the bottom of the tree.

People are in and out of parameters often getting toolpaths dialed in, and between that at the delay (pause / freeze) accessing X4 toolpath parameters it was quite irritating to work with. One of several reason I went back to X3.