Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I output for okuma thread

steveo25

How would I force the "I" output on an okuma thread if the value is 0. So the operator can put a value in it if needed. Im using the okuma osp7000l post and version x2.

The code looks like this:

code:

pthdrdlt        Output 'I' (or 'K') word for taper thread

if thdrdlt,

[

if thdface$ = zero, #NOT a Face thread

result = nwadrs(stri, thdrdlt) #use 'I'

#else,

result = nwadrs(strk, thdrdlt) #use 'K'

if thdpass$ = one, *thdrdlt # Output only once on 1st pass.

]

Thanks

Steve,

Look at your code closely. See the # in front of the else??? headscratch.gif By commenting out the else and leaving the nwadrss line below (the Action associated with the else statement) you are causing the variable thrdlt variable to always have the address K and never I. Note: nwaddrs is a function used to change the string address that gets output with the value.

Not sure what the original goal of the edit (commenting out the Else) was but you can't comment out the else without commenting out the action which was part of the else.

Also the variable thrdlt is only forced out if threadpass - one in the code shown so..

Do you always get a K? If so then your problem is related to commenting out the else and not the action.

If you get nothing out (I or K) then the conditions are never being met (true) to output the thrdlt variable.

Hope this helps and goes back to a basic understanding of the Syntax rules of MP.

Call Steve Kidd and check on a post class or atleast see if he can get you a copy of the V9 post reference CD.

Hi Steve,

I didn't mean to discourage you at all, I was just trying to point out that you have some additional resources available through your reseller. I'm glad you have an interest in learning about posts and getting them to work correctly. I'm sorry if I came off as harsh, but I spent a good deal of time working with Lionel to get your posts working (which they did at one time). At least, they were outputting NC code in the format that Lionel had requested.

Lionel asked for some specific formatting conditions, and I setup the Miscellaneous Integers to control the formatting of the code.

Again, sorry if I came off as harsh, but I want to make sure you understand what you are changing so you are not "reinventing the wheel" so to speak.

Yea the misc intergers you setup on the G&L work great. We are really slow right now and im just trying to get every little thing worked out in the posts so there is next to no editing. And I want to learn as much as possible I just first need to learn the basics before I try to understand the logic. If that makes sense. Lionel is still here he hasn't left yet. No worries about how you came across. I understand after all the work you put in to it, you dont want someone messing it up.

Thanks for the apology