Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

creating new TPlane

mike561h

Mike,

Try using the dynamic planes utility, If you have used the dynamic xform it works the same way in that you orient the X,Y,Z axis' relative to your part.

The main thing to be concerned with is the orientation of the axis you're rotating around. example; If you are rotating around the X axis and X positive is pointing to the right, Y & Z have to rotate around X.

If I were to change the X positive direction to the left this would be a 5axis move and will result in an axis error when trying to post with a 4axis post

Personally I don't change the WCS when doing rotary or multiaxis programing. I leave it set to Mcam TOP. I use custom user defined planes for all my rotational output.

Mike you can find dynamic planes in the drop down list below the lower middle of the Mcam graphics area. The dynamic planes utility is right under named views.

If you're looking for some quick reading on the use of dynamic planes go to the documentation folder in the McamX4 main directory. Launch the whats new pdf and go to the general system enhancements page. GSE starts with dynamic planes.

go to the wsc button on your bottom tool bar. then go to view manager and then select geometry. select the feature to set the view.

then click through the picks to get the orientation right. then enter or the green check and you get another box. uncheck the make new origin and hit enter or the green check.

do a tool path then and go to planes and pick the new view you made usually #8.

when you go to planes click the left arrow 2 times and set both t & c plane.

hth

Lots of ways to get the same result.

If I know how many degrees I want to rotate, I like to use the "Rotate Cplane" option.

To get A180 you would simply enter 180 in the "About X" field.

When using "Geometry", be very careful that the new plane still has the X axis in the correct orientation. For 4 axis programs, all planes must be single axis rotations or you will get an error when you try and post.