Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis router

Jerome

I can't compare the Osai control to others; it's the only one I've used extensively, although I did briefly work with a Haas control when taking some classes at the local CC. As you probably already know, the Osai control is a touch screen system.

I haven't used their support a lot, but it is good during normal business hours. After normal business hours, they have a monitored answering system; you leave a message and the on-call tech calls you back. We're a one shift operation, so I've never tried the after hours tech support.

If the machine is connected to the internet. Onsrud tech support can log onto the machine and troubleshoot if you have issues.

Onsrud provided the post when we bought the machine in 2006.

We have a CR Onsrud 5 Axis Twin Table machine. We are happy with it. Support is very good. Their implementation of the TCP functions on the OSAI control can simplify your programming.If you choose to look further you might consider looking at:

MultiAx (Italy)

Northwood (USA)

CMS (Italy)

Heian (Japan)

Good Luck

I sure miss the DMS, way better than the Thermwood I'm stuck with now. Just to be fair the Therm is older and been rode hard without any major problems, you just have to work around it's lack of rigidity.

We ran the DMS 24/5 for 70k cycles without a hicup. Oh Yeah! like Colin said push for the continuous C axis. Another thing I would suggest is to budget in a rock solid post.