Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tutotials ,samples , real aplications

rui

dear rui

Nowhere U can't find for free tutorials and guideline to mastercam.I can show the ways that is best waiting to help from somebody that is read help files from mastercam and do the pratise make yourself ,U tell me how can I do for this,you can see every where in ourplace,the things made by the human beings that is the best of samples for U and me.so u can understand in here what U need and what U can do?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and to teaching woods (2nd year). I have a Larken CNC machine in my classroom, but the software that's included with it is very difficult to use. I was wondering if anyone had tutorials, work bookelets, anything that would help me learn how to use Mastercam X. I've been playing around with it but I can't get it to do what I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me at [email protected] Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

quote:

gepperta Member # 15857 I am an instructor new to MC and I have found the streamingteacher tutorials to be an efficient way to learn.

I have just started using http://www.streamingteacher.com/ in class, as a supplement to my lectures, demonstrations, and assignments.

For homework, I am assigning my students groups of video segments at a time, with a follow up quiz on the topics from each group.

So far, into the third week of a class that meets 2 nights a week.

4 groups of video assignments (61 video segments to this point) and 3 quiz's so far.

They are advancing much faster than any of my previous classes with improved quiz scores.

The interesting thing is the level of questions have become much more advanced. Fewer repetitive questions on basic function usage and access, more on application.

I am totally impressed.

As far as cost, I contacted Streamingteacher and found out that when you order multiple user access for a class, the cost per student becomes very reasonable.

So far, I am finding this to be a valuable teaching tool.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used the Cad2Cam CDs as well.

I have also used the In-House books and the Mastercam Handbooks.

I found them all to be excellent resources.

As instructors, we are very fortunate to have such a variety of resources for the software we teach.

Some of the deciding factors for us choosing Streaming Teacher were ….

it was current with the latest release

the amount of material keeps increasing

and the educational pricing made it comparable.

A large percentage of our students are from industry looking to upgrade their skills, so

our labs are up to date with the most current release.

As CNC Software distributed each Maintenance Release,

it seemed that the streaming teacher site was already updated

with material covering the new features.

When we updated our computers to X2 …

new video material was already available on the website

and was relevant to the what my students were working with in the lab.

Anyway, in using this in my last class,

I was very impressed with the results that I saw in my students.

Their scores proved it.

Just wanted to pass it on

• 1 year later...
Guest Tyler Yanta

I would just like to point out for those of you that have, or have not seen the Training Tutorial book series from In-House, that some major changes have come to the X3 line.

For example, the X2 Mill Training Tutorial covered 2D and 3D applications in just over 500 pages. The Mill book has now been split into one focusing on Level 1 topics and the other focusing on Level 3. Combined, they now offer over 1250 pages of content.

That growth can be partly attributed to 4 entirely new chapters which cover new X3 features (FBM & 2D HST) and other topics including Solids and the WCS. Additionally, each book benefits from extra detail on the various parameters available within a given step and quizzes for each chapter.

You can get a feel for the X3 titles by checking out the samples hosted here on emastercam.

For over a year now,

Student subscriptions to Streamingteacher have been part of my class.

I don't use it so much in the classroom,

I still do my usual lectures and demos ...

but my students would each have their own access.

They would be able to access the videos 24/7 on their own time in order to suppliment or re-inforce my "in class" lectures and demos.

I would also have weekly video assignments that they would need to view on their own time,

then complete corresponding files to turn in for grading.

It is a truly powerful teaching tool.

• 2 weeks later...

from a customer standpoint i wish there were video tutorials available for training for liscened mastercam users.

as i am only learning how mastercam works one problem at a time,when i have to make a phon call and get a brief 5 minute explanation of that solution.

that has worked to introduce me to the basics,but now i need more advanced knowledge and need it quickly,not 1 at a time as i need it.

i understand it is big business to sell training to the user but i believe it should come as part of purchase and maintenance agreement,instead of

1 pay us for the software

2 pay us to maintain it

3 pay us to show you how to use it.

i have found the best value out there to come from streamingteacher.com.

right now i need the education from streaming teacher but can not afford it,i think in a few months when our maintenance is up for renewal, we are going to forgo maintenance and spend our budget on a subscription to streamingteacher.

as i am working 7 day a week 24hr daily when i need help everyone else (except the internet) is not available

(Edited post content: See FAQ

12. CNC Software discourages any discussion of pricing over the Internet, and we will respect their wishes on this forum. Around the globe product prices may fluctuate for various reasons including but not limited to economic conditions, varying service structures, international translation costs, and distribution costs.

http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...c;f=1;t=004498)

[ 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Tyler Robertson ]

i have been surfing the videos at Eapprentice.net which is a great bargain by the way,and i gotta say WOW that was definately what i needed-video training tutorials,one thing i noticed from the tutorials is i always look at a video for one area of a solution but i learn 6 other very simple things related that i never knew about before.

i like the way i can look over the videos at my pace,and i can watch them over and over until grasp the idea,

definately some nice tutorials these guys have on there site.

thank you very much.

• 5 weeks later...