Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Closing our Doors

ChrisD

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for helping when I needed it. Just found out this morning that we have two weeks left. Won't be going back into the trade again. I'll settle for anything else . I give up.

To everyone .

Thank you.

Chris

[ 09-26-2002, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: ChrisD ]

Wow eek.gif , just checked out the website and I guess what happened. Near Ottawa, likely a crap load of subcontract for Nortel. Nortel's business tanks, but the bills keep comin' in for the premium equipment.

10 Matsuura CNC HMC - Model 450H11/15K

5 Matsuura CNC VMC - Model RA - 2G/15K

2 Matsuura CNC VMC - Model MC - 800VG11/20K

2 Matsuura CNC VMC - Model RA - 3G11

2 Matsuura CNC VMC - Model RA – 4G/15K

1 Matsuura CNC VMC - Model MC - 660VG/20K

1 Matsuura CNC VMC - Model MC - 660 VG/15K

1 SuperMax-2H Manual Mill

2 Lilian 3VH - 3H Manual Mills

2 Lilian 5VH – 5H Manual Mills Acurite

1 Nakamura CNC Turning Center - Model SC250MS

1 Tos Engine Lathe 20” x 80” - Model SN50C

1 Mitutoyo CMM - Model BRT 707

1 Mantis Magnification System (8X)

1 Hyd-Mech Swivelling Bandsaw - #S-20A

1 Tannewitz 40” Vertical Bandsaw

1 Baxter 20” Vertical Bandsaw

1 Universal Tool Grinder

1 50 Ton Calibrated Press

4 Drill Presses

1 Multi-Stage Ultrasonic Aqueous Cleaning System

All I can say is let me know when the auction is, I'll be the first vulture on site...

[ 09-24-2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

hate to say it. i feel the same way. i have been in this trade for a long time, and i think it's time for me to bounce too. everybody is using sept11 as an excuse to lay people off. i'm very surprised to see that it hasn't picked up. hey Chris, keep your head up. i know what your going through.

Good Morning Guys.

First of all thank you for all your replies. They have been very encouraging.

Within 20 minutes of me writing that topic yesterday, I went home and found there were about

10 messages on my answering machine. About 5 of them were shop owners that had caught wind of our company's demise. (my, my how news spreads fast).

When I spoke to each one of them, they had heard of me! I couldn't believe it! So I guess I will go see each one of them in person and see what they have to offer. They even told me they will offer me more than what I'm making here!

(I've taken this part out because I felt it was wrong to express these types of feelings in this type of manner.)

I guess yesterday I was feeling very , very bitter about the whole thing.

Any way, it was nice to know that doing the best job you can and acting in a decent, honest manner will get you farther than you think. Up until yesterday it was clear to me that only pricks

would get ahead in this world. I was wrong.

I feel fn great now.

Thank you guys.

Chris.

[ 09-25-2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: ChrisD ]

Good deal.......one door closes and another one opens....like some of the other guys said here,what you know cant be taken away from you so as long as you keep building on it you`ll be more and more valuable,i have to agree with you it is a great to see the over educated underskilled shop foreskin i mean foreman get his in the end....i been down that road too Chris with the know it all know nothing foreman thats only in charge because every word out of his mouth is yes boss

Chris,

I suggest that you use the services of a Head Hunting Firm, they know where the good jobs are and I get at least 3-4 prospects per quarter asking if I am happy where I am or if I am looking to move.

The best attitude to have is to know your job, do it well, and "Choose" where you work, by having options, you are empowered and can manage your own destiny. As you have found, reputations both good and bad travel out from around you like waves, so use it to your advantage.

Good Morning

I felt very similar just a short time ago.

I searched out my old post;;;;

quote:

Author Topic: I am laid off

Scott Bond

posted 04-01-2002 06:35 PM

--------------------------This is my last hour.

Jay === email my house with some way I can use the forum. I will not have a sim # until I get a new job.

So fellow forum brothers so long

--------------------

Hardway

Thank you all very much for your continued support.

[ 09-25-2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Regarding the sept 11 comment. IMHO our perspective may be a little skewed. Things aren't as crazy busy as they were from 1995-2000, but that was a period when the economy was really hyped. No way that could continue; it was producing some real inefficiencies in the marketplace; that bubble had to pop.

Things are a bit in recession right now, but from my perspective this is a lot milder than 90-91.

Things are picking up to a more sane, sustainable level. But don't expect them to approach 1995-2000 levels. But, THINGS AREN'T THAT BAD and it's GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME. smile.gif

Charles,

While I think your partially correct I think that region and sector have a lot to do with it.. I'm in the N.E and work for a semi conductor driven company.. we just have more layoffs and reduced our work scedules to 32 hours a week thru Oct and shutdown at xmas. They are not expecting another ramp to start until late next year to 2004 now. We have been in this cycle since late 2000 to early 2001 and the Sept 11th just devastated our market ..