Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looks like I'll be using Gibbs from now on.

ChrisD

quote:

the one good thing about gibbs is the mouse facing and the way it does subroutins and thats it!!

Well, you got it half right... the mouse facing is nice, but the subroutines can be done just as well in mastercam with the right post, if not better. And good luck getting Gibbs to modify a post for you and actually get it right.

Some other nice features with Gibbs, (not to beat a dead horse), are the geometry expert, the ability to generate multiple tool/operations at the same time, and the engraving.

Hope you don't mind having to create points to trim lines/arcs/splines together. Hope you don't mind not having total control over your toolpaths. Hope you don't mind having to create 1/3 more geometry than is necessary. Hope you don't mind........ blah blah blah.

Eh, what the h3ll, at least you're working.

-Rekd

Chris,

Gald you found another job so soon.

Using Gibbs isn't the end of the world. Besides, learning another system will only be beneficial for you. Being familiar with MC, your transition should be fairly smooth. I started with Gibbs and my new job had MC. Everybody likes to rip on the other guy. Yeah, Gibbs is different. But you'll see that it is very easy to get the job done. I never did any 3D work with Gibbs, just 2 and 2-1/2D die work. We either created the geometry ourselves or on big plates, we imported IGES files. It worked GREAT for what we needed it for. Was it the cat's a$$? No. Did it get our jobs done quickly and efficiently? Yes, and that's what my boss wanted to see.

If I can be of any Gibbs assistance, email me. If you can convince them to change to MC, more power to you! Good luck at your new job. smile.gif

Thad

[ 09-27-2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

-Rekd

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family. Not some

mid-level government disfunctionary with a bad comb-over handing it

out to (Insert politically correct recipeint here) squirting out (Insert politically correct noun here)'s.

Note; this sig was edited due to complaints from either a crack addict or a baby.

I made the complaint. Does this mean that I'm a crack addict and a baby??? Do you have a brain??

hey Rekd, I went back thru some old posts trying to remember what your old sig said that was so bad; but they seem to be all edited [technology is cool].

here's one that I've seen on bumper stickers a couple of times that may be more tame:

"Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em"

Amen

Chris, the sig said:

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family. Not some mid-level government disfunctionary with a bad comb-over handing it out to crack addicts squirting out babies.

Yeah, I can see how that would be very offensive, especially if you're a crack addict on un-employment or welfare... rolleyes.gif

And that bumper sticker you saw is cute, but that's part of the problem. If they can't afford to feed them, they simply have more because the government will just give them more money...

-Rekd

[ 09-28-2002, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]