Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drill depths

mmetzinger

Good morning. Bear with me on this one....

One of the operators running one of my programs ran into an issue and I need some help. Drilling 36 locations, he had to push the depths down at the machine (on all 36 locations). The way HE does it is to change all the Z depths in the program by hand on the machine controller.

He prefers NOT to push the length offset down for that tool because that pushes down the retract plane closer to the part as well. The way the program is being output right now, he has to change 36 Z values. Human errors....

Yes, this is not the way to do it. If it was a perfect world, our machines would not be 20 years old and our file transfer system would not fail out so often and we could easily fix the Z depths in Mastercam, repost, and reload the file on the fly. Oh well....

So, is there a way to program multiple location drilling in Mastercam so that there is (1) called out Z depth run at multiple locations (Z depth is on ONE line at the start of the drilling, and is called up within the program at each location). Is this a programming issue or a post processor issue?

I have seen a "subprogram" button that can be checked "on" in the parameters page, but what is needed when using this? (When I click help on this button, it tells me that my post needs to be configured to read subs)

Also, when picking points using the points manager dialogue, I see the "Subpgm ops" as an option.

Which way I should go??!?!?!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If im following you correctly you want the programmed Z depth output at every hole location to be drilled.....if this is correct in your post look for the post block

pdrill_2 #Canned Drill Cycle, additional

where it says pzout in this block change it to pfzout

im not sure how to post the entire post block here without losing the format or i would post it for you

[ 10-04-2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: d0gFartz ]

quote:

Use the standard left and right carats to enclose the tags. I Havent figured how to comment out tags so the board wont interperet them

Use the code tag like this:

(code)

stuff

(/code)

Use square brackets, [ and ], of course. So you'd get this

code:

<pre>

Display

preformated

text

</pre>