Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving File come out all CAPS

oz

Can anyone please tell me how to get MC to not save the file names in all CAPITALS? I have tried different fonts and as long as you use all small case the file will save in small case, but the minute you use an upper case the file saves only in UPPER CASE. I have set the file directory to accept both UPPER and lower case but MC will now only save in UPPER CASE. This is not a major issue but it make the file names hard for me to read. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. confused.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Scott,

Now, now, not all undocumented features are bugs. Try this one and tell me if it's a bug.

Open up the operations manager and press Ctrl, Shift, and double right click (added after Pointed out my missing info) below the High Feed Button in the grey area. Last time I checked, this was not documented anywhere.

JM2C

[ 10-20-2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Did anyone actually answer Oz's question?

Of course not. We just hijacked his thread. biggrin.gif At least I'm honest........

quote:

That's cool but does this window have any use? I am not sure what it would be used for?

I use it for debugging stuff, it's also handy when doing Post Work.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

On my computer, I have alternating upper and lower case in folder AND file names. (ex. Sk4481-3d1.mc9) I'm running NT4.0 SP6 with restricted permissions.

HTH

[ 10-24-2002, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Having ALL UPPER CASE file names are for most people difficult to read. Why I don't know other than we have been taught that you use Upper & Lower Case in normal everyday life. If I don't go to the trouble of re-naming our files and send them to our controller when you look up the file name to run the file there is very little space between the file names. If all CAPS. the files just about touch the line up and line down. And if you have file names that are similar it is too easy to pick the wrong file. The other reason is just personal preference. Plus it just plain-ol-bugs-me that this happens. You pay a fortune for CNC equipment and software to run it, you would think that you could use upper & lower case for file names. Instead of only upper case. If someone posting messages on this forum used only CAPS I am sure that that person would be lamb-basted for there use of CAPS. Am I right or WRONG?