Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T - Angels Spank Giants

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Woooo, Hoooooo! Angels win the World Series. Gotta love that, not only did they take down the "beloved" Bronx Bombers in a 3 games to 1 rout, but also took out the Minnesota Twins as well. And last night the "mighty" Giants fell silently into the night fading into oblivion. Sure Bonds got some good Post Season stats, but alas, it was for nothing, no ring to show for it. Well, at least he can sit back in his Strato-lounger in the locker room and kiss the ring good bye. Theee you later than franthisco (insert lisp)!!!!!! Go Angels!!!!!!!! cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

[ 10-28-2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Game 6 and 7 were awesome to watch. You watch, the Angels have a few kids in the Minor Leagues that throw over 95MPH! They are going to be a force fort a while. Lackey, Donnelly, and Rodirguez..... all rookies. Lackey is the first Rookie to win Game 7 in a World Series since like 1909!!!!! Good things are a heppening in Angels Town. I have not been a fan for too long, only since about Salmon's Rookie year. We have his rookie card on a plaque. I'd like to get it signed someday.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Man, Kevin Malone sure hurt the Dodgers for a few years to come. Expensive, long term contracts with washed up players (Kevin Brown), getting rid of talented future Managers, (Baker, Soscia, Hatcher, etc...). Too bad they can't sue him. I was hoping for a Dodger/Angel World Series. That would be great. I think Dusty will be sceond guessing himself all winter. Who knows what would've happened if they would've started Ryeider(sp?) instead of Livan... The World will never know...... for sure.

I'm glad to see Bonds sitting home with no W/S Ring. That guy is NOT a team player. He does not deserve a Team Trophy like that. He's out for himself and nobody else. WOuld not even shake the hands of the support staff. Just pathetic....

FINALLY biggrin.gif

I was at games 3 and 5 in 1986, I made it to game 1 of the World Series. Great to see the Angels take it over the sour grape Giants. Unbelievable team effort, don't we all wish that in our business.

Had to find a way to get in the World Series here, Right in our back yard.

Spezio's at bat in game 6 will be talked about for years.

Go SO. CAL teams.

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

2002 SoCal Sports Wrap up;

NBA - Champions - Lakers

WNBA - Champions - Sparks

MLS - Champions - Galaxy

MLB - Champions - Angels

So now the Kings have to step up, spend a few bucks. The Ducks will never get the Cup so long as they are owned by Disney. The Dodgers will be suffering for a few more years. Hopefully they will go into rebuilding mode a nd build their teams the old fashioned way (without High priced, huge ego, free agents) through their farm system. Dennis Conner needs to do the duty in the America's Cup Sailing to add to our collection of hardware in SoCal too. biggrin.gif

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Correction; SOUTHERN California.

They should require a Passport to travel to Northern California.

California should be broken up into 2 sections but we get to keep the water biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif . North California and South California. They are COMPLETELY different.

JM2C

James,

Just like the valley and San Pedro - St. Cal can succeed from the North and

we'll start charging (back charging) you for all the water biggrin.gif

Kathy

I don't think ther's enought left in the Colorado River to keep Palm Springs green for long!!!

James - I was 'expecting' to start another 'Chinatown' biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The LA water wars over the last century make last year's energy crisis look like child's play.

Of Course, I jumped in with my adopted Nt. California tounge-in-cheek expecting to be blasted by not getting all my water facts right!! I had to came home and do my homework to refresh my memory as to who get what water from where. Does anyone out there know out what percentage of the this country's food is grown in Northern California?? The big controversy here is all the prime farmland being bull-dozzed over for houses.

Kathy

[ 10-29-2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: kathy ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

The big controversy here is all the prime farmland being bull-dozzed over for houses.

Just sad. Just sad. California is the ONLY state in the US that can completely totally sustain itself. We have everything here. Mfg., Agriculture, Petroleum, etc... ad infinitum. Where I live used to be the largest Dairy Producing region in the US. I believe Kern Co. is taking that over. "People don't like the smell...". What I want to know is that since the dairy farms were here starting over 100 years ago, why the hell did they move here? Kina liek the idiot that moves next to an Airport and complains about the noise I guess.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Funny, this didn't stop the ANGELS.

And the Ducks don't have Stoneman or Scoccia either. When they got rid of Ron Wilson there went their hopes. I just wish Disney would get out of the Sports Business. They have no business in that business.

JMNSHO

Just curious, How many of you were true die hard Angels fans before the season started? How many of you are hiding your Dodgers Starter jacket in the back of your closet and now have brand new Angels gear? Gotta love them Great L.A. fans. Always down for your team!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?s...01&seasonType=2

As you'll see last years attendance will prove the front running mentality! 20th in the league while The giants were #2. This year the Giants were #3 and the Angels were #16. But I forgot, You've always loved the Angels right?