Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NCI2APT C-HOOK

fatboy3

Good EvE,

UG also creates a APT type file before you

can convert to (or see ) the nc code...??

WHAT is the purpose for that...???

The guy I worked with, would look at the

APT code to check Things Before creating

the NC code...I don't understand...?? confused.gif

Does any body know about this?

TonyG

No....it doesnt run code like were used to,its a entire different animal,supposedly siemens doesnt have anyone AE`s in america here that know how to run it either the way the manufacturer has it set up......its an Austrian built deal and they dont have anyone they say that knows g code....they refer to g code as fanuc language... so they built off this siemens language that only they know.....they have there own post that converts an ncl to there language so they can get an ncl from any cam system and be able to post it

Good Ev again,

I understand that he thinks he needs to look

at the APT, but skip the APT and look at the

NC...ITS the same but better. He checks the

same things all the rest of us check but he

uses an an un-needed step...AND he thinks

Unigraphics is the Greatest NC code

generating program ever.

TonyG

quote:

I understand that he thinks he needs to look

at the APT, but skip the APT and look at the

NC...ITS the same but better.

Not when the manufacturer doesnt set the machine up to run that way and can not even tell you what the nc code should look like if it was set up to read it......theres 2 modes on the control Seimens & ISO,its setup for siemens and thats all the manufacturer understands

Goodly,

I think we got off on two diff. discussions

The UG generated "APT" that "UG Guy" is using

Is only used on fanuc based controls...After

he Looks at the APT, and it looks OK, he

Gen's basic NC G-code that any Facuc control

uses. Our mach's only use fanuc controls.

He was very mad when I brought MC to the

company an showed how easy and fast it was.

TonyG

Hi,

Just an opinion, IMS Post can read APT (General/UG/ProE/Catia/...) as well as many CAM intermediate CL files including Mastercam NCI and produce GCodes. One can set up customized machines and controllers. Then post process APT or NCI for any existing machine. Also there's an ISO to APT (as reverse post) available.

Hope that helps

Steve;

What or who gave you the notion that no one know's this language Other then the Austrians? Siemens is a world class company that has world class drives and controls. I went to school to learn this language. I understand it. Yes G290 Siemens language is very much different then anything us g-coders are use to seeing but like anything, once you're exposed to it, You learn to understand it.I've driven a lot of controls from Dynapath to Fanuc, from Mits to Mazatrol and all I want to see is how both options look.

• 3 weeks later...

CNC, I worked with NCL guy who was great at verifying his APT source file, but could not read NC code if his life depended on it. He also made some killer 5-axis programs. We also used a system, NIT or NTI ?? that fed APT source files directly to NC machine without the need for posting NC code, the best feature on this system was that it allows for variable tool length, it recalculates on the fly without needing to repost.

To All,

Let's not quarrel over the usefulness for APT or other CAM systems. A fellow forum member, and therefore Mastercam user, has a need for the NCI2Apt c-hook. The secondary question is if this is needed for the Pro-E converter. The NCI2APT takes the NCI data and translates it into APT data. The Pro-E converter is used to import a Pro-E ".prt" file into Mastercam to generate toolpaths (or NCI data). I hope this helped answer your question fatboy3. HTH cheers.gif

Thank you all for your responce to my inquiry. I will be more spacific with the reason for my question, Our machine is a 7 axes, (5 axes live) Weingartner millturn center. It uses a Siemens 840D control and drives. The post processor language is based on the pro-E c/l file. This post processor sends high level "statment comands. In order to optomize this post, the drawing needs to be translated to the c/l format.I wish you all and your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous new year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...