Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CD Training

Joe Peacock

I would suggest the 3 day class that MLC Cad in Ft. Worth offers. This will teach the basics. After this class I was designing and producing cutter paths. I also bought the book called Mastercam Version 7 from Scholars International. You might also look at the Mastercam Handbook I've heard its good. I Can't tell you anything about the CD training.

How to make Mastercam voice activated .

Choose your lucky employee.

Give him your terms and conditions on this assignment.

Tell him to look in the book,and the CD's just to get the buzz words, this help help him follow the class

Give him a part to make(one that you really need)-----then Repeat at a later date---

Send him in here to post his questions.

----Send him to a class, to get the instructors phone number if he gets stuck on your part .

----Allow a lot of seat time.

Shake well

The guys that know what they want to make will take about 90 days,( some never)

Then to activate just say ----

"Can you Make this part by Friday?"

Enjoy

[ 12-19-2002, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Just to give out "props", my local MasterCAM rep sent a great training CD, I don't know if it is a standard disk given out by all sales reps, or just specifically by mine, but it is a great teaching tool.

BUT...

As good of a source that it is, I personally think it will boil down to the programmer you select, I have had quite a few friends, and employees ask to be taught MasterCAM and what makes or breaks them is how much they apply themselves (if they are interested in learning, not just magically given the knowledge) to learn it.