Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cimco standard

gmenzies

we are evaluating the cimco editor. our predator

card is about to expire and buying a new one , the cost is huge . last week our mastercam rep help install the program . worked first try .

very easy and cheap.

my question is about the baud rate's and dnc .

with predator we easly sent 57500 using xmodem

protcol to our fadal. we went with this high rate

because some of our toolpaths had alot of incremental moves and the buffer would overflow.

I cannot see any information on the helps on cimco

and this baud rate. has anyone experianced problems with cimco and this baud rate?

thanks smile.gif

Hi Allen

I guess I could have just called you.

thanks for the info.

PS. please let the girls who anwser the phone

at inhouse, sorry about the weather jokes.

I did not relize it was -30 degrees in Toronto.

Not sure if you know. the golfing in Vancouver is

great this time of year . wink.gif

For Fadal users, here is something you could do to make CIMCO Edit easier for your file transfer:

1. To send file to Fadal memory: Under CIMCO Edit DNC Setup --> click the "Transmit" tab --> in the filed of "Send at start of feed:" type in TA,110

This way, if you leave Fadal in the command prompt mode then you can just send file from CIMCO Edit whenever you are ready.

2. For drip feeding, just change the TA,110 to DNC10

3. If you do both "Memory" & "Drip feeding", simply create two machines/configurations on CIMCO Edit with each settings so you don't have to change them. Just select the right one as you need.

DNC-Max is not very expense either but it would offer much more than CIMCO Edit's "mini DNC". Ask your dealer for details if you are interested or you can download a 30day fully working demo by click on the CIMCO icon on the bottom of this page.

By the way, have you checked out our Canadian DNC web site? http://www.dncsoftware.ca/

hello Ying Jiang

one of the tools with cimco edit is back plotting.

the 3d is great . but the 2d is dog slow . we occasionaly need to back plot old 2d lathe files.

and tryed the reverse posting , but that failed.

used the predator edit , but that was clumbys (personal view )

the cimco is simple , but why so slow . the 3d has a slider bar to accelerate the process.

is there something we can do to speed this up ?

also we tried to imbed the standard cimco into mastercam . keep coming up with errors. have to navigate from desktop to use the full version.

any suggestions.

rolleyes.gif

Hello gmenzies,

1. The 2D backplot is a little different than the 3D backplot, but it also has a slide bar to accelerate the process (If you don't see the slide bar, click "Setup" from the top menu and then click on "Show toolbars" in there, make sure to turn on the 2D backplot toolbar).

This is how it works: when you slide it to the most right hand side, it does fast forward backplot; When you slide it to the most left hand side, it does fast reverse backplot. Anywhere between the middle to the right adjusts the forward backplot speed and anywhere between the middle to the left adjusts the reverse backplot speed.

The 2D backplot also has a nice function called "Dynamic update" - means that when you have the both code window and backplot window side by side, you can make changes in the code window and you will see the backplot window updates right away. (Be sure to check on the "Dynamic update" under "Backplot 2D" on the menu bar)

- I can't say too much here, but more and better functions are coming!

2. Many of our Mastercam customers do use the full version in Mastercam. Once you have bought the software, you will get a license.key file. Go to Mcam9CommonEditorsCeditCNCEdit4 and you will see a license.key file that came with Mastercam, rename it to license.old, then copy over the new license.key file. (Do NOT overwrite license.key files). That's it!

P.S.: I'm on the road a lot for installs and service calls, so I don't normally have time to check the posts here. If I don't reply on the forum or reply on time for your questions, please contact your dealer or feel free to send me an email.

Thanks for helping out on this one Ying...

gmenzies,

Ying is correct, you may want to try the slide control on the 2D toolbar to see if that improves your acceleration. On the whole, our 3D mill back plot is faster than 2D. Our goal was to get the basic 2D lathe functions released and work on additional functionality and speed improvements as time permitted. (Never enough time.) It is high on the list but the list is long. If you tried the slide bar and performance was still slow please email our support department at [email protected] and we will be happy to work with you to see if we can recommend something to speed up the 2D back plot on your system.

NOTE: I've personally run the 2D lathe back plot on a 500Mhz, 700Mhz, 1.7Ghz, and 2.2Ghz. Even on the 500Mhz and 700Mhz systems the plot was pretty quick.

Regarding the other issue - integrating CIMCO Edit Standard into Mastercam...

CIMCO Edit OEM for Mastercam that is included with Mastercam actually has more functionality than our Standard Version (OEM for Mastercam includes communications - Standard does not). Shoot us an email and we will try to figure out what the problem is.

sorry about the missleading card expire.

our PC - pent 133 -- on the shop floor was the real problem . the card that was installed for

that mother board was obsolite . in order to upgrade to a new card . I was quoted over

$1000 US from our local dealer . predator

did exacly what we needed when it was first installed . we had to deal with this problem

before the PC died ( there were several times it would not boot up -- win 95 ) I cannot remmeber

all the details on the quote -- but it also included a software upgrade , maintance contract and a visit from the local rep .

hard to turn down a the cimco for $250 US and

installation took less than 20 min .

Hi Ying Jiang

QUOTE:

"1. To send file to Fadal memory: Under CIMCO Edit DNC Setup --> click the "Transmit" tab --> in the filed of "Send at start of feed:" type in TA,110

This way, if you leave Fadal in the command prompt mode then you can just send file from CIMCO Edit whenever you are ready.

2. For drip feeding, just change the TA,110 to

DNC10"

this is what works

TA,11310 or DNC1310 very cool

wink.gif