Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Debug error message

Thad

After generating a 2D contour ramp, I went back and changed some parameters (step down and stock left). When I went to regen the path, the following debug error came up:

bnci_section(): cannot delete nci section! Temporary file crated: D:MCAM9commontempuppershoe2.mc9

Then I opened up the .mc9 file in the temp directory mentioned above, regened the path and everything appears to be fine. [edited to say]There were also 3 other mc9 files in that directory and I'm not sure what they are doing there or how they got there. One of them is actually a file that I recently deleted. [end edit]

Has anyone seen this error/situation before and can you shed some light on what happened.

Thad

[ 02-06-2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: thad ]

Hi thad,

Some times I got "cannot delete nci section" when I regenerated an operation.

I dont remember what type operation. I saved the MC9-file, then opened that file again and regenerated the operation with no problems.

What happened and why, I dont know.

I just looked in the "commontemp"-dir and found 15 MC9-files

sorry I cant help, i only got the same

frown.gif

quote:

Has anyone seen this error/situation before and can you shed some light on what happened.

I've not seen this particular error. With that said, I suspect that the file might have become corrupt at some point, making it difficult for MasterCAM to work with it. MasterCAM will attempt to recover a corrupt drawing when you open it, but that might not sort out all the corrupt toolpath information. Was this file on a floppy disk at any point?

FWIW: When I see evedence of corruption in a MasterCAM file (i.e. the Operations Manager shows toolpaths missing tools and/or with 0K NCI files) I delete and re-create the toolpaths. Trying to fix corrupt toolpaths generally does not work, and generates odd-ball errors and/or very strange toolpaths.

That`s why on complex projects I always use

Incremental backup with names like part1,

part1_1 ,part1_2 ans so on and make autobackup with name restorebackup.mc9 every 15 minutes.

Thus you can always step back.

Helped a lot of time.

BTW it is a pity that we do not have an option for incremental backups in autobackup.