Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Overload

Charles Davis

I don't want to be a spoil sport, but I've noticed a huge increase in O/T discussions on this board.

Can it be that Mastercam is now perfect, everyone knows everything there is to know about it, and everyone knows everything about machining?

Probably not.

Again, I don't want to be drag, and I've been O/T too many times myself, but it's getting hard to wade through all the O/T stuff to see what the discussions are regarding Mastercam, which is the primary purpose of this board.

Maybe we need to open an O/T category to help segregate out these non-Mastercam discussions.

[ 02-13-2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

Hi Charles,,and Gang

Hi I'm Scott, And I am an O/Topaholic:::

True there are more O/T than say when I started on the forum about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago.When I started in the Forum all the off topic commenting was done inside the threads as a simple hijack.

(There was more Hijacking then)

We also have four to five times as many members today as when I started (Member 857). I see o/t stuff that doesn't apply to me and I just skip over it.

The mastercam Forum community has been a great learning experience for me since the first week I started. I want to help other Mastercam users,and I am interested in what they have to say, what they do for fun, I am from a machine shop envirement where guys tell jokes--are we not the same bunch?

I have recently made an off topic for the Daytona 500,I suspected some of us made race parts for some of the cars that will race on Sunday,,I was right, and I enjoyed hearing about it.

That is what keeps me coming here--I enjoy it---

I also intend to post an Off Topic inviteing all that can make it this years Westec lunch. I know it isn't a Mastercam problem, but that is just it Mastercam isn't a problem for me, I like it biggrin.gif , I use it everyday, It has worked for me without interuption since Version#1 smile.gif . I come in here everyday and learn some, and give some, I have really improved all of my computer skills,set up sheets are sharper, my spelling ,and even a Mastercam skill here and there.

cheers.gif

Charles I intend no slamming, I just wanted to tell you guys how I feel about it all.If we have to chang it, I will go with the flow.

But until then;; I will "Show up, and cut it".

[ 02-13-2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

quote:

I started a topic on shifting a 5 axis program, maybe you could comment on it. I was hoping I would get more feedback, but I guess everyone is on the O/T threads instead.

I was kinda hoping you got more comments on it, too. I have zero experence with running 5-axis code, and am trying to learn all I can about it. Real problems are frequenly more instructive than the stuff you get from the manuals. Oddly enough.

quote:

5 Axis is the Top of the line in Programming.

Hence "Nobody is giving it away"

No free post's

No free answer's

I'm with them on this one.

3 axis and Lathe,whats mine is yours...

5 axis......

No posts? Yeah, I can see that. Lot of effort goes into those posts. No answers? Entirely up to you, of course. What I know I like to teach to other people. That's the best part of my job, actually. But then I've pretty much always been a teacher of one sort or another.