Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2d angle cutting

Marty A

hello to all. i would like to know if you can cut a simple 10 degree lead angle with 2d soft ware as i don't have 3d with this package mill 8.1.1 iv'e been looking at the help and can't find anything that look's like what i want. i don't want to chamfer i would like to use a ball nose and just cut an angle. the angle is .75 wide by 9.0 long nothing fancy. if there is a way i would like to know. i know this is not the type of question for ya, seeing what everyone else is milling out there, well i'll tackle this in the morning. thanks in advance and if it is possible i will let you know tomorrow if it worked or not......motty

Hack Method

Offset the wireframe edges perpendicular the radius of the ball, break the inclined edge inot small points using the break command, create lines at the endpoints and then contour the lines you created...

Or follow CADCAM's procedure to make it right!

Marty,

You've got Mill level 1 and this is possible in a few ways. I started playing with this not long before I left. Try doing a 2D swept toolpath. The Help has some good info on that although it may be a little tricky for you to draw.

It may be easier to use a 2D contour with tapered walls, like Terry said. Make your lead in and out 90 degree moves with no arcs so it will cut it's way into and out of the part. If the lead in goes the entire length of the detail, then ignore the last sentence. With a 2D contour, you could use the 1.5 Dyna instead of a ballnose.

Thad