Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMASTER FOR V9.1

TheePres

Rekd,

The questions you are asking is what I was wondering. Well the should be a way atleast to make it easier. Linking ODBC? You could add CSV as a machine data source, but you have to log all your setup sheets in the same file. Or make a form to import the data and append the data to an existing table. Then the toollist would be similar. I assume you to a one to many link for the tools to a program # and the program # would be a key field(s).

Can you use the OCX/DLL object in an ActiveX control in Access for the MC preview? Then just point to your *.MC* file.

Just some thoughts.

Brent

quote:

Or make a form to import the data and append the data to an existing table. Then the toollist would be similar. I assume you to a one to many link for the tools to a program # and the program # would be a key field(s).

Ahh, yes. That would be easiest for me. (VB I can do, db is new to me.)

I created a key just to link the tools to the part data. For now I will have dupes in the tool table, but I will eventually remove them and link them to the appropriate part number using a one-to-many relationship. (This project is actually a mod to a quoting/estimating db I made recently.)

quote:

Can you use the OCX/DLL object in an ActiveX control in Access for the MC preview? Then just point to your *.MC* file.

Not that I'm aware of in Access, unless you use C/C++. But I'm sure we will when they release v9.1 which has VBS. ( cheers.gif to CNC!)

Rekd,

quote:

Ahh, yes. That would be easiest for me. (VB I can do, db is new to me.)

I'm just the opposite. I know db's and so so in VB. I know some VB for Access but not the whole in and outs.

quote:

Not that I'm aware of in Access, unless you use C/C++.

You can use ActiveX controls in Access form designs, I'm not sure if and how it will work though.

But if you need some help and or input let me know. cheers.gif

Brent

quote:

I'm just the opposite. I know db's and so so in VB. I know some VB for Access but not the whole in and outs.

/me whips out 2 back scratchers and tosses one to Brent. I'll prolly send you an email this weekend if I get time to work on the db.

quote:

You can use ActiveX controls in Access form designs, I'm not sure if and how it will work though.

Most OCX files (ActiveX Controls) have to be regestered in order to use them outside the scope of the program they were created for. (I mean registered via liscensing, not through the system.) There's also the matter of using .dll's thru the API, but there may be compatability issues there. At any rate, all this goes away when they release v9.1. biggrin.gif

'Rekd teh Weekend Warrior

quote:

/me whips out 2 back scratchers and tosses one to Brent. I'll prolly send you an email this weekend if I get time to work on the db.

That would be cool....if I don't reply right away don't worry...been very busy @ work lately. I read and post here from home...no time to surf and post at work smile.gif

quote:

Most OCX files (ActiveX Controls) have to be regestered in order to use them outside the scope of the program they were created for.

I know the AutoCAD OCX/DLL for VoloView and AutoCAD preview will work in Access, but like I said I can't do true VB. I can get it to work but the path to the CAD file most be but into the ActiveX control box properties in the form and I do not know how to get it to look for the path from a record entry in a table, this would be great if I could get it to work. Here is a link to show what i'm talking about.

[ 03-21-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Brent Wilkerson ]

• 3 weeks later...

Just updated the lot this morning, although the changes are quite minor - header tag, one new switch, added numbered questions. File compare Mpmaster or Mpfan from V9 to V9.1 to see exactly what has changed.

You're right - going through your reseller to request these posts is a different procedure.

[ 04-14-2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]