Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS enhancement

Roger Peterson

quote:

Also another not that sqaush has been fixed when it came to useing it depth in a diffrent WCS

How 'bout Job Setup's Stock Size and Orientation as related to WCS?

'Rekd teh *Pulls pockets inside-out, looks into open hands and says* "9.1?"

quote:

How 'bout Job Setup's Stock Size and Orientation as related to WCS?

A great new feature in 9.1 is when you verify, the part orientation is the same as displayed on the screen. No more jumping back to the default Verify ISO view. The WCS Stock bug is not fixed, the stock will still flip around when using WCS, to bad they were almost there. I though I could make a quick fix for this bug buy recording a macro that sets the WCS to System Top and TPlane to Top and Cplane to Top. The Verify stock with a WCS will work correctly if these parameters are set as shown above. I got stuck when MC wouldnt record all of the command selections.

TPlane, WCS macro command?

Maybe someone with more knowledge of marcos, Vbscript or Chook could write a program that would set the three parameters before you enter Verify.

It would be great if this most annoying bug would be entirely corrected.

John

quote:

Sorry the way to do that is prograqm with diffrent WCS and then take it back to the 1st Wcs that you set the stock to then varify this will run thru them all and know were the part is.

That's what I've been doing. Kind of clunky, but works. I also have to turn off the Display Stock because it's only ever right when in the original WCS. (It looks like it's adding the correct values to Stock Origin, but doesn't display correctly.

Macros in MC are iffy at best. There's many functions that aren't recorded. (If you open the macro in an editor, you can see what commands are there, it's all easy to read text, and you can modify them in the editor.)

'Rekd teh "Still looking at empty hands.."

Why do we need more than a WCS setting in the parameters? Why do we need tool plane, construction plane AND the wcs?

Does anyone ever use a different tool plane than construction plane? I'm always programming with my wcs set and my other two planes as top at 0,0,0...

Hi,

quote:

A great new feature in 9.1 is when you verify, the part orientation is the same as displayed on the screen. No more jumping back to the default Verify ISO view

I had upgraded from V9 to V9.1 today. I noticed that the ISO view is no longer defaulted in Verify. When nesting multiple parts on sheet stock (top view), it is much easier to verify in ISO view. Is there a setting or any way to set Verify to defaulting to ISO view? Please Help.

Thanks

The fastest way would be to set up a hot key to call Gview-Isometric. Enter verify hit hot key, start verify. I have notice that using this method verify sometimes acts as if ALT+hot key pressed. I sometime have to hit the hot key several times for the proper command to execute. Must be a bug.

John

Divisionary, The new verify in 9.1 displays in whatever view you are using at time of verify.

You can right click to get view options. Cool thing is that you can zoom in to detail prior to verifying, and screen will stay at this spot.

[ 04-05-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: TheePres ]

quote:

Divisionary, The new verify in 9.1 displays in whatever view you are using at time of verify.

You can right click to get view options. Cool thing is that you can zoom in to detail prior to verifying, and screen will stay at this spot.

And vise versa as it does the same back from Varify to see were the trouble spot that you cut in varify.

Theepress were are you working these days?

The last mail I got was you were not there but for one day.Just did a check.

But good to see you are back and things are working.

I wonder how far Ernies is from Gardena?

I am contracted out that way for a month or so.

I found it is about 1/2 hr from you.

Will keep in touch.

[ 04-06-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Did a small stint in shadow of James building at Ontario,

And you didn't say "Hi" so I could give you a tour of the joint?

gcode is around the corner too. We should all have lunch sometime. 'cept for Jay. He can't come. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif j/k It would be fun with Jay. I could update my spell checker then. biggrin.gifwink.gif

j/k again. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Anyway pres were you at ACT???