Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool length offset

Rob B

What do I need to change to get my tool length offset to be equal to my tool #. If I go to the tool libary and check the tool length offset it is equal to the tool #. When I select the tool for an operation, it always appears on the operation manger page one # greater than the tool #. For ex.: If the tool # is 8 the tool length # will be 9. Even though in the tool libary tool 8 has a tool length # of 8. I am sure there is a parameter that I am missing some where. I am running V9 Mill. confused.gif

Go to Job Setup and make sure "Tool Offset Registers" is set to "Add" and that "Length" is set to Zero. This feature adds the number in "Length" to your tool number, same as "Diameter". (Some controllers use "Length" for both length and diameter, so you have to use, say, Tool 1 Length 1 Diameter 41, Tool 2 Length 2 Diameter 42 etc.)

HTH

'Rekd teh Can I go home now?

( Dang you guys are fast!)

[ 04-08-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

What I have done is took all control from the programmer and set the post's up to default to the tool number for the height and diameter numbers. We have approx 25 different machines and it gets quite clustered trying to make sure this machine is reading h1/d1 and this old machine is using h1/d31. I have also written the appropriate .set files to jive with the post's so our presetter will always be outputting the correct coordinates to the correct offsets. my .02

Jeremiah

Ok, since we're on this topic:

I'm after something similar to what Jeremiah has going. I want my tool# to match my H & T values. It accesses the tool parameters to get the H & T's, but defaults to numbering the tools sequentially as you select them in your operations. to quote myself.

quote:

I selected this tool first, but I don't want it called out as T1, fu(%#$%er!!

Any way around this other than post tweaks?

Another good one for the quote list:

quote:

Upon interview, the passengers on the plane that crashed said, "we were killed instantly".

biggrin.gif

That works allright, but I've always had it default back to having tools numbered sequentially. NOW I think if I perform Jean-Simon's process of

quote:

screen configure-nc settings-operation defaults-save and then go in job set-up in the operation manager

I should get it to default to non-sequential numbering. Thanks for helping me think this through!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif