Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nitronc 60

Anyone with experience cutting this? Face mills, Inserted mills and end mills? Surface footage and feeds? Place where I am working part time soon to be full time has a bunch of work with this material. They are going through a ton of end mills and no luck with face mills.

For face milling, I'd try a Sandvik Coro 200 buttom mill with 3/4" round inserts

They introducted a really good hi temp grade this year and I've had excellent results

with it in inconel, monel and 304 SS. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't

work well in Nitronic 60

I thought Daren was afraid of stainless.

I haven't done much inserted milling of this material, though we turn it pretty regularly; big issue with it is that it doesn't want to cut. Not very hard, but really tough in my experience. We're using SGS Z-carb endmills for any milling in Nitronic 60; I think we're down around 150SFM with "normal" feeds and DOC.

C

I thought Daren was afraid of stainless.

You must have missed my post from the old Emastercam Chris and the starting line here. I'm outa there. This Thursday is my last day. They stuck me on the Robodrill doing nothing but repeat jobs. Lot's of 2-6 tool jobs with fast cycle times. Have spent more time just pushing the green button in the last 9 months than in the last 3-4 years. Don't see myself doing anything but for quiet a while. Need to get back to programming and something a little more challenging. It's a decent place to work and Daren and Barry are pretty good to work for but if I spend much more time there I'll be in a funny white coat with drool running out of the corner of my mouth.

Daren may be afraid of stainless I don't know. I do know that from comments he has made that people pushing 100-200 inch feed rates are "cowboys". :blink: Good thing they are not a straight job shop. They do not seem to care about cycle times there.

Sorry to hear that; nothing ventured, nothing gained, I guess.

If your new shop has a decent relationship with the factory cutting tool guys I strongly suggest you getting them involved with parts made from this material; new advances in inserted tools are happening continuously these days it seems.

C