Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal Post and Rigid Tapping

MetalMarvels

I ran into an issue today with back-to-back use of the same tool in back-to-back rigid tap cycles. My post (a modified MPFADAL2.PST), the original MPFADAL2.PST, and MPMASTER.PST all result in essentially the same (wrong) code. The "second" instance of the rigid tap cycle has a spindle speed callout without the necessary ".2" appended and the G84.1 does not appear. Bear in mind that at the end of the "first" rigid tap cycle, a G80 canceled the rigid tap cycle. This results in the second rigid tap cycle becoming a "drill" cycle with obvious results...... frown.gif

I have tracked it to ptlchg0, but have not been able to get the "check for rigid tap" code (like that incorporated into ptlchg or psof) properly incorporated without honking up the normal operation of ptlchg0 for "regular" tools.

Can someone shed a little light on how I might be able to get the back-to-back rigid tap cycles to post properly???

Thanks. smile.gif

Marc, forcing the tool change does work. Thnaks for the tip - I didn't know that the button was in there. biggrin.gif

However, I would like to be able to handle it in my post without having to "remember" to do a forced tool change on the "second" rigid tapping op. Since this has almost nailed me once, the chances are high that I will do it to myself again in the future. eek.gif It really bites when you use a tap as a drill...... mad.gif

MetalMarvels,

I tried a back to back rigid tap cycle with the MPFADAL2 post on the V9.1 release can up with slightly different results. I DID not get the .2 added to the spindle speed, but did get the G84.1 on the second tap cycle.

I fixed the missing .2 by replacing the call to pspindchng to the following:

code:

pbld, n, sgplane, e       

#check for rigid tap

if opcode = 3 & nextdc = 7,

[

result = newfs (11, speed)

speed = speed + .2

pcan1, pbld, n, *speed, "M5", e

]

else,

[

result = newfs (4, speed)

pspindchng

]

pbld, n, scoolant, e

You DO NOT want to use drillcyc in your toolchange postblocks because the drillcycle isn't read until the 81 NCI line which is about 6 - 8 lines after the toolchange, so the drillcyc value is invalid. USE NEXTDC when you want to check what the drill cycle of the current operaiton is.

If you still have problems, e-mail your post and mc9 file up to [email protected], attention JIM EVANS and I will gladly take a look at it.

I will make the fixes on or release post.

Jim,

Thank you very much - that code appears to have done the trick!! I now get the rigid-tap codes and the .2 added when repeating a rigid-tap cycle. I can see now where the pspindchng was giving me the grief - didn't think to embed it in the "else" part of the "if/else" statement.

Thanks again - gotta love the support from this forum. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

BTW I also have added "TA,1" in the psof section in the MPFADAL2 post:

"TA,1", e

"%", e

n, *progno, "(", sprogname, ")", e

It sets up the posted code to send directly to the mill (via the CIMCO program) without having to go all the way out to the mill to enter the "TA,1" at the command line. Saves a lot of back and forth to send code to the mill. biggrin.gif