Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Edit V6

?Mark

I just downloaded the latest editor and I'm getting the "User Account Control" window every time I start this application. What gives? It does install in the same directory as V5 ( root dir of c drive) and I never had those warnings before.

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. How do I get rid of this, short of changing my account settings? I'm the administrator on this box btw.

TIA

Did that too, still no go...

Lowering UAC may be the only way, :dunno: I have it at work on a x86 system doesn't behave this way but the x64 layout is a tad different.

Try installing it into the x86 program files folder???? just reaaching

I installed CE V6 with all default settings this week

I didn't do anything special and it works fine.

The default install put it here

C:\CIMCO\CIMCOEdit6.

My UAC is shut off

That's exactly my setup, except I don't think we should need to shut off UAC, should we?

Try this Mark, it doesn't disable the user account controls but allows you to turn off the message for Admin level programs.

Click Start and Control Panel. Switch to Classic View (if you haven't already) and click on the Administration Tools icon. In the list that opens click on Local Security Policy, and in the next window, Local Policies (a tiny bit redundant, but all UIs can't be perfect -- If UAC is running you'll get a UAC pop-up somewhere in here). In the Local Policies list click Security Options, and scroll down to "User Account Control: Behavior" (the full title of the policy is "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" but the window barely opens that far). Double-click the title and in the dialog box change its setting from "Prompt for Consent" to "Elevate without prompting." Click OK and the urge to tear your hair and scream at your PC will be greatly diminished in the future.

It was for Vista but I just went thru and it is exact for Win7 x64 too

The UAC prompt is probably occurring because CIMCO Edit doesn't have a proper manifest file.

The XML code below should be included in Manifest data to disable virtualization and suppress the UAC prompt

and automatically elevate.

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:0073chemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"> 
   <security> 
       <requestedPrivileges> 
       <requestedExecutionLevel 
           level="asInvoker" 
           UIAccess="false" /> 
       </requestedPrivileges> 
   </security> 
</trustInfo>

It is also possible that CIMCO Edit is using libraries that don't comply with the Microsoft Security Protocol enforced by UAC.

I just got the same message from cimco v5 (never happened before) after posting a program and before cimco opened it.

Edit: Even though I'm back to using cimco 5, the pop up message refers to cimco.exe in cimcoedit6 folder???

Something isn't right :(

CIMCO.INI is located at C:\CIMCO\CIMCOEdit6 and for the older version in C:\CIMCO\CIMCOEdit5

Thanks for the quick replies!

Try to go into the setup and un-check "Share settings between all users" (very first option on the first page).

Ps. There is no difference between V5 and V6 is this respect, they use the same manifest etc. so the problem should also occur on V5.

/Tom