Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is a "no hand edit" integrex post available for X5?

rsbeadle

I have moved to a medical devise machine shop that is using Surfcam and Mazatrol to program our integrex ST machines. I am trying to sell them on Mastercam but I have heard that mastercam has issues with integrex machines and posts. Surfcam is so bad for the integrex that we can only use it for milling, no turning or drilling. We are even using an ICAM post to get it to run and still do some minor hand editing. I just don't want to have to eat crow if I get them to try Mastercam and it won't post any better than Surfcam. If I get some info that X5 can do what we need I will contact Cad Cam Soultions in GA to set up a demo. Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I have heard the in house post is the best, but how good is it? We have lower turrets, but they are not a big issue. The main problem we haave is simultainious 5 axis and polar milling with c axis. We are Mazatrol programming all turning and drilling now, using Surfcam for the 3-d work only. The com[any is considering buying a Mori-Seiki so we may be going to esprit anyway, but Mastercam is so user friendly I hate not to give it a chance. Thanks.

My company had a Integrex mark IV 300 st and I used the inhouse post. There was a bit of learning curve on how to set up some of toolpaths in mastercam to output good code, and a few minor posts things that we worked out with inhouse. Bottom Line, if you want to do full 5-axis work on that machine I would go with mastercam and the inhouse post any day of the week. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

HTH

We have one Integrex 200-III ST (640MTPro) and it's pretty reliable now... but it took months (even years!) to suit it my needs and still require to be used properly with Mastercam GUI. It supports lower turret with 2-processes (G109 L1/L2+waiting codes), tooltable with Mazak letters parameters, management of the safety location of lower-turret below opposite chuck, Face polar drilling/Milling, transfer,...

There is no multiaxis option on this one but I set it up on another Integrex 200-IVS(Matrix). Machining axis-5 is ok with inverse feed rates.

The main problem which still remains is to avoid to exceed Y-axis work area

As some members have mentioned, we do have good posts for the Integrex machines. Our posts will support both upper and lower turrets as well as simultaneous 5-axis toolpaths and polar conversion with C-axis toolpaths. We are also able to completly customize the post to your needs to produce edit free code.

We also have many Mori Seiki posts available in our library.